Wondering What I am doing wrong

Options
I weighted myself monday and then weighted myself this morning and it said I gained two pounds. Very aggrevatied. :( Really don't know what to do? Any suggestions. I would like to keep up my weight loss goal that I have been achieving.

Replies

• JoanneKJ33
    Options
    Your body fluctuates weight daily! That is why its better to weigh the same day and same time each week! Dont drive yourself crazy! :) Good luck!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    water retention. better to go by the mirror, tape measure and how you feel vs the scale. scale weight is just a number
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    try eating real foods and not junk foods just saying
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, even though you don't track sodium, I would guess you've had a lot the past few days based on your food choices. That's probably caused you to retain water.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Well if your food log is accurate the pizza and fast food aren't helping you. Sodium is a huge culprit, plus your body needs proper nutrition. It looks like one day you barely ate and only two meals that day.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Two pounds is a tiny difference that can be caused by a number of factors (hydration etc). Weigh yourself next monday and if you're still heavier after maintaining a deficit for a week then you have my permission to be angry ;)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    If your diary is accurate, then two things. 1) You're not eating enough calories. You cant to be as close to the target number as possible. 2) Burger King, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Wendy's. All in the same week???? Really? I love my fast food as well, but think of the sodium and fat you're consuming. The sodium alone can cause you to retain 2 lbs of water. Ok, 3 things. 3) Don't skip meals - ever.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would suggest after looking at your diary to add a lot more fruits and veggies into your diet. There were a few days with very low calories (including yesterday) that can affect whether you will or won't lose weiht.
  • Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week, if not once per every two weeks. I myself am a daily weigher but I understand that my weight fluctuates constantly.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, even though you don't track sodium, I would guess you've had a lot the past few days based on your food choices. That's probably caused you to retain water.

Thats what I was going to say. Up water intake to help shed water weight. it sounds funny to think if you drink more water you will shed it.. but its true. You do look to have a high sodium diet. Your calorie intake is pretty good though :)
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    It looks like you spend a lot of money eating out. You can save money, calories, and sodium by eating more whole foods at your house. :)

I'd also try eating breakfast, lunch, supper, and at least one snack daily. Make your calories really count, too: veggies, fruits, low fat dairy, etc.
  • spudsmum
    Options
    try eating real foods and not junk foods just saying

Hmmmm ... there is a lot of junk food on the last two days ... although your calorie intake itself would seem ok the fat levels would be much higher than if you had healthier choices.

My advice is to always drink more water ... I swear by it
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    EAT BREAKFAST!! (And I don't mean like the one you had last saturday). Oats, fruit etc.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Um, it might have something to do with eating nothing but fast junk food?

Try following a healthy eating plan (fresh fruits, veggies, lean proteins cooked in a healthy way - baked, broiled, grilled; and healthy complex carbs - whole grains and such) and I'm sure you'll see more consistent results. If you do have to eat at fast food restaurants, go for healthier options - salads with a small amount of low-fat dressing, and grilled meat, burger without the bun, no fries or onion rings, the low-fat options at Subway without added sauces, etc...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    food choices don't matter as much as a caloric deficit, you can basically eat whatever you want as long as you stay in a deficit to lose weight.
  • myfurturelooksgood
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I used to weigh throughout the day and my weight can flunctuate by 4 pounds-so maddening since I thought I was doing so well. Now, I only weigh on Tuesday mornings about 10am, after my morning walk and right after my shower. I put the scale in an inconvenient location so I am not tempted to step on so easily. I also took my measurements (as ugly as that truth was!) and re-measured at 3 weeks. The measurement tracking here is minimal but I keep track of my bust, thighs and arms in addition to what they allow. Funny they don't track legs. That is the first place I see the effect of exercising thus fast gratification and motivation. And I have dropped 2 inches in bra band size, so I will take any benefit I can get to keep me going.
    I didn't look at your diary but will share, that for me, I really watch the sodium and sugar intakes. I eat mainly fresh food, lots of greens.No fast food at all. Fortunately, that is not my weakness-but don't let me get next to the pastries or donuts-zero control. So for my sugar fix, I allow myself 14 jelly beans twice a week :) One other thing, I do not like beef, chicken, turkey so getting my protein in is hard. I stick with tuna and fish mainly but once or twice a week, I make a drink for breakfast using 100% whey protein powder because how do you eat fish for breakfast?
    I know its frustrating and I do not think judging you is the way to go. We all have our path and reinforcing the positive works best for me.
  • Leola2011
    Options
    Read this!

http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/slideshow/20-salads-worse-whopper#sharetagsfocus

Even the salads you consume at these fast food places aren't all that healthy. Eating out period can sabotage your lifestyle change. Lots of stuff is added to those restaurant salads that are largely unnoticed.

I'm not suggesting you eat a Whopper instead. In fact, I am suggesting that you make eating out a rare treat rather than a daily habit. There are lots of "on-the-go" snacks you can fix yourself to carry with you the following day. The key to healthy eating is preparation. You'll find yourself more successful in the long term if you get in the habit of preparing your meals and not eating on the fly.

Take a snack bag of grapes or baby carrots with you in the car. Make your own salad at home and make sure you don't go over the portion size with the dressing. And NEVER get caught without your water bottle.

This is not just about eating less, it's about eating better. Your food diary suggests some food addiction, not unlike many of us on this site. We're here for you.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    food choices don't matter as much as a caloric deficit, you can basically eat whatever you want as long as you stay in a deficit to lose weight.

This is totally bogus!

You CANNOT eat basically anything you want. If you look at her diary, it shows there is a deficit every day but 1 in the past few weeks. So if this were correct, she'd be losing...but she's not.

You cannot eat those sodium filled foods (fast food), with all that yummy flavor and expect to lose weight. UNLESS you're working your @ss off in the gym each day burning a ton of calories. For us regular folks who do not live in the gym, we CANNOT eat anything we want. We have food choices (good vs bad), as there is more to this healthy lifestyle journey then just losing a pound or two.

Lets encourage those around us to partake in healthy lifestyles, not mislead them with info like this.

More than likely it is what others have mentioned, all of that sodium and retaining water is the cause of the weight gain (assuming your food log/diary is completely accurate).

Try to limit your eating out to once or twice per week for 2 weeks. Eat at home and try to eat smart (low on the sodium, shortning, butters, etc) and see if you notice any difference. Make your lunches at home and take them with you.
    As SRP2011 mentioned above,
    Try following a healthy eating plan (fresh fruits, veggies, lean proteins cooked in a healthy way - baked, broiled, grilled; and healthy complex carbs - whole grains and such)...do this for 2 weeks and keep track on how you feel and what happens.
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Most of your deficits are too large. You are putting your body into starvation mode. Then on top fo that the fast food is not the easiest to breakdown so you are even more likely to store it. Try eating as close to your calorie inake as possible. MFP already accounts for your deficit.