Trying to get back on track

Options
I’m feeling really low at the moment. I was making progress but then I gave up and gained back to over my starting weight. I genuinely just feel *so* disgusted by my own body and lack of discipline. I’m very short and have reached my highest weight, I’m obese range of body fat percentage. I’m supposed to be going back to non-working-from-home at the beginning of September but I can’t bear the idea of doing that right now for fear of being judged.
I really need some motivation and advice on how to get back into this. I want to lose weight as quickly as I can because I feel so down just looking at myself and what I’ve become over the past year.

Replies

• RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Make it about something other than the scale. The look youre talking about will come with eating right and being active. What I'm more curious about is why did you stop before?
  • makingnewstarts
    makingnewstarts Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Make it about something other than the scale. The look youre talking about will come with eating right and being active. What I'm more curious about is why did you stop before?

I didn’t deliberately stop before or give up, work suddenly got incredibly hectic and I was too stressed to think about anything else, my boss was putting so much pressure on me I was just stuck at my desk for over 12 hrs a day and genuinely I didn’t have time to cook so I just started eating pre packed ready meals and mindlessly eating. That combined with being sedentary just made me gain weight really quick.
  • stbowtla
    stbowtla Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Going back to a routine of working may help you stay on track.
    A lot of people has gained weight during this crisis. Go back with head held high and don't worry about what others think. Most of us would be surprised at how little we cross the minds of others. Everyone has their own problems, fears, and anxieties about one thing or another.

Remember, head held high!!!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I gained a bunch of weight back - it happens!

Take it one meal at a time, one day at a time.
  • Melly045
    Melly045 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Please know you are not alone and please forgive yourself. You slipped up but you can’t beat yourself up over it and you can’t undo it none of us can. What we can do is be more conscious try to prepare meals and snacks and make time for ourselves. Trust me I’m not lecturing you I’m back here because after working hard, getting to goal weight and maintaining it for years and feeling good i slipped up and gained more than half of what i lost so i understand what you’re going through and im right there with you. We can do this. One day one meal one choice at a time.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself, tell yourself you can do it and get back in the saddle. About 10 years ago I lost 65 pounds. I have put about 1/2 of it back on and I need to lose it for health reasons. Even then I will still be in the overweight range but I am ok with that- at least for now. I have been on and off MFP for ages and finally decided to get serious. Celebrate your successes, don't beat yourself up over missteps- they happen. Set small goals, believe in yourself, know that you are worthy and that you can do this.