Healthy snacks

What healthy snacks does everyone eat and which ones are best at keeping your hunger at bay

Replies

• jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    I rely on peanuts..maybe too much :)
  • cathrynjtaylor
    cathrynjtaylor Posts: 15 Member
    I love peanuts but high in calories! 🙈🤣
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    The fill me up!!! Curb my hunger for sure :)
  • PmiA
    PmiA Posts: 35 Member
    Fat-free yogurt, fruit or a piece of cheese. If I add milk to my coffee, it also fills me up.
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Cheese sticks, triple zero greek yogurt, baby carrots and hummus are all my go to snacks! Sometimes a half a cup of grapes, if I haven't had much fruit that day
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Fresh fruit. Hummus and carrots (or just carrots). Individual bags of smart pop popcorn. Greek yogurt. Sometimes just drinking a big glass of ice water helps or having a can of diet soda.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Wow! Great minds think alike!

Baby carrots and hummus, cheese stick and whole grain crackers (I like the Reduced fat triscuits), apple slices, 1 oz of almonds, nonfat Greek yogurt with or without berries, a banana always fills me up.

I do not eat hard boiled eggs but I know those can fill you up or at least satiate you. My son love rolling up turkey slices or having a hunk of cold chicken (probably a 2 oz piece) and that satisfies him.

Air popped popcorn with a little bit of Parmesan cheese on top.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    A little bit of peanut butter dabbed on apple slices. Weigh the peanut butter!

Steamed edamame w/ sea salt. Pictsweet is the brand, bought in the frozen food section. I eat them out of the pods & a bag is about 190 cals. Could easily break that into 2-3 snacks, but I'm not sure they would save/reheat well after steaming.

If the sodium is not a problem for you, sandwich meat ham can be a 120-180 cal snack for a little protein boost.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I am not a regular snacker, so when I snack it is usually because I'm really hungry.

I will usually choose a protein bar (I like the Clif Builder Bars), some peanuts, or some chips and salsa.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    edited August 2020
    I eat dill pickle spears when I want to go super low calorie, I "splurge" on 4% fat cottage cheese when I want something rich that will satisfy me, I mix a spoonful of caramel syrup into some plain greek yogurt when I want something sweet. I also do sunflower seeds, mixed nuts, fruit (apple, banana, orange, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries...I like it all...), and when I'm craving salty I will just open a can of green beans. I also have "emergency" snack bars (Quest) that I keep in my little hiking satchel in case I start feeling weak when I'm out on a trail.