Any dessert ideas for someone with a sweet tooth?

Options
Purduelady29
Purduelady29 Posts: 1 Member
I have been trying to cut back on calories but I am constantly craving sweets. Does anyone have a recipe or something that they eat in replacement of sweets that they would like to share to help me out. Cookies are my downfall.

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic...I use hot chocolate to get my fix. A low fat hot cocoa is about 50 cals...and lasts a lot longer. I find that I rarely finish it.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Fruits. Mangoes are super sweet and fill you up (I don't know how good they are for diet, but they are much better than cake).
  • wendibartel
    Options
    I still love skinny cow. They have the ice cream and also now candy. If you like little debbie nutty bars they have a candy bar that tastes just like it. Always takes my craving away. They range from 100 to 120 calories.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad. If you're gonna have sugar, at least have something with a good amount of fiber.

I also like to take a handful of blueberries and stir some Fat Free Cool Whip or Whipped Cream over them. It's pretty good frozen, too.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like Vitatop muffins. They are in the frozen section. The deep chocolate ones are good and 100 calories. You can put them in the toaster and they are like a warm brownie out of the oven :love:
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I looove nonfat plain Greek yogurt with a bit of cinnamon or lemon juice + sweetener (I use equal).

Frozen applesauce is really good too or just plain frozen fruit, especially grapes, strawberries, bananas (again, I add cinnamon!), or peaches... If you really want something sweet, sorbet isn't a bad option.

Sometimes I have a handful of almonds with a few chocolate chips mixed in. :)

There are also a bunch of great recipes here: skinnytaste.com, if you're looking for healthy baking!
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers fudge bars. Mmmmmm 45 calories per bar. :happy:
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with a tablespoon of sugar free chocolate syrup. Sooo good! You can also freeze it in molds and make a fudgsicle!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Fruits. Mangoes are super sweet and fill you up (I don't know how good they are for diet, but they are much better than cake).

Mangos are amazing!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Sherbert! Yea, its got calories, but at least its fat free! And sometimes when I just have the craving i just have a spoonful. don't even log it. I get the taste and don't blow my day by stuffing myself.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Look under the recipes section there have been some yummy recipes for frozen peanut butter cups and chocolate peanut butter pie that are roughly 100/130 calories and they look delish!!
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    My go-to sweets:

Chocolate VitaTops
    Plain greek yogurt + half cup strawberries + sprinkle of cinnamon + 1/2 packet of Splenda
    Edy's 1/2 the fat ice cream
    Chocolate milk (1 cup skim = 80 calories and 8 g of protein, plus 2 tbsp hershey's sugar free syrup)
    1 banana with 1 tbsp dark chocolate PB (found it at whole foods!)
    Double Rainbow chocolate sorbet (richer than chocolate ice cream, no joke, and 120 calories per 1/2 cup)
  • wendibartel
    Options
    Look under the recipes section there have been some yummy recipes for frozen peanut butter cups and chocolate peanut butter pie that are roughly 100/130 calories and they look delish!!

Yes and they are yummy! I also got a reciepe from a previous post for Oreo cream dessert.
  • BartCox
    BartCox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a couple that I like. One is about 40 cals, one is about 160 cals (depending on how much you can afford that day)

1: Sugar Free Jell-o and Lite Cool Whip (40 cals) - It sounds lame, but it is really, really satisfying! My fav is Sug-Free Orange with cool whip. My wife makes up a couple of batches of sugar free jello and pours it into individual serving size containers with lids prior to putting it in the fridge. ...that way you grab one out, put a serving of lite cool whip on it, and you've got an instant treat!

2: Fruit Dessert (160 cals) : Put a 1/2 serving of Chocolate Animal Crackers (8 crackers) in the bottom of a bowl (can use plain if you want). Put in 1/2 of a small banana (sliced) 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries and 1 serving of Lite Cool Whip. MMMMM!!!!

The Fruit Dessert kind of tastes like eating pie, due to the texture the animal crackers provide. The Jello one was one I used almost every day when I was a competitive bodybuilder. It sounds simple, but it is really satisfying!

-Bart
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered something that I am in LOVE with:

FROZEN BANANAS!!!!

They're so good...... Cut them up into little chunks and they're easier to eat too...
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I make a snack with greek yogurt and it tastes like cheesecake !

I mix 1/2 cup of non-fat (0%) plain greek yogurt (I use either chobani or fage) with a sprinkle (about 1 tsp or to taste) of sugar free cheesecake jello pudding mix..........It tastes a lot like a real cheesecake and then you can sprinkle some crushed low fat graham cracker in it too which tastes like the graham cracker crust :wink:
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I buy fage 0% greek yogurt -- and add various things to turn it into dessert.

Pick and choose:
    sf pudding mix
    sf coffee creamer - to make it creamier
    agave/flavored agabe
    nuts, flax see, chia seed, oat bran
    pumpkin puree + pumpkin pie spice + walnuts
    instant espresso + sf chocolate pudding
    sf pistachio pudding + pistachios
    oat bran

I use a lot of sf stuff but if you're into no artificial sweeteners just use the real stuff...you don't need much in a little 6oz jar of yogurt :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you really need a cookie-type treat, try graham crackers. They come in plain, cinnamon and chocolate. Depending on the brand, they're around 50-65 calories per sheet.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I make a snack with greek yogurt and it tastes like cheesecake !

I mix 1/2 cup of non-fat (0%) plain greek yogurt (I use either chobani or fage) with a sprinkle (about 1 tsp or to taste) of sugar free cheesecake jello pudding mix..........It tastes a lot like a real cheesecake and then you can sprinkle some crushed low fat graham cracker in it too which tastes like the graham cracker crust :wink:

My hero!
  • rufflestx
    Options
    No-Bake Fudgy Snow Balls
    Gina's Recipes
    Servings: 21 • Serving Size: 1 cookie
    Calories: 69.5 • Fat: 3.8 g • Carb: 9.2 g • Fiber: 2.2 g • Protein: 2.1 g

In a food processor
    15 pitted dates
    2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 cup whole roasted unsalted almonds
    1 tbsp honey
    2 tbsp water (or more if needed to shape)

roll dough into 1" balls

roll finished cookies in 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar