FAST 800

Options
Karyn436
Karyn436 Posts: 1 Member
Hello all I'm new to using this.. Am I able to enter 800 calories per day?

Replies

• The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You can enter it but it's not healthy
  • mrsfudge2
    mrsfudge2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am wheelchair bound and unable to do much in the way of exercise. I'm not burning many calories at all so I frequently do eat around 800 a day. I know it's not the best but I've tried differently and this is working for me. I eat quite healthy and cook my own meal. I have those Hello Fresh kits delivered and eat one meal of those per day, sometimes it's over 1000 calories but usually around 800. I drink around four cups of tea a day with one sugar a semi skimmed milk (although this week I have full fat because I ordered wrong milk haha)
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    How about I ask WHY you want to eat only 800 calories a day?

How much weight are you trying to lose? What is your current weight and height? How many calories a day were you previously eating?

It isn’t healthy to eat that few calories, but I’m trying to understand what makes you think it’s a good idea.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    How about I ask WHY you want to eat only 800 calories a day?

How much weight are you trying to lose? What is your current weight and height? How many calories a day were you previously eating?

It isn’t healthy to eat that few calories, but I’m trying to understand what makes you think it’s a good idea.

Fast 800 - another Michael Mosley product.

OP - you can log calories and choose to under-eat if you like, but you won't be able to complete your day as My Fitness Pal doesn't promote under-eating the way Michael Mosely does. Happy lean muscle loss......
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    My question is WHY anyone would choose to attempt this. And WHY they would ask about it on a forum that promotes eating better (or at least within a safe calorie range).

This Michael Mosley person seems like a .... I will let you use your imagination 😜

Also before today, I never heard of him. So I googled this nonsense and found it to be an awful idea. OP I really don’t know why you would be considering this AT ALL.

Please consider one of the many healthy ways to lose weight instead.
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A very low calorie diet is sometimes prescribed for a short time to clear up Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, reduce visceral fat ( the dangerous kind), normalize chronic high sugar and reverse type 2 diabetes. Lean muscle is NOT lost at 800 calories ( 2 boiled eggs and a pat of butter less than what most women eat). There are several medical articles on pubmed if you want to read some good studies on the subject.
    Good luck @Karyn436.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Can I suggest some people here calm down and get off their high horses?

Fast 800 is not a plan that suggests 800 calories every day but instead is a 5:2 programme.

There is also a Very Fast 800 programme which is directed at people with particular health issues with the advice it is followed for no more than 12 weeks and with input from a doctor.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    freda78 wrote: »
    Can I suggest some people here calm down and get off their high horses?

Fast 800 is not a plan that suggests 800 calories every day but instead is a 5:2 programme.

There is also a Very Fast 800 programme which is directed at people with particular health issues with the advice it is followed for no more than 12 weeks and with input from a doctor.

There is a 5:2 option, but there is also an option to eat 800 calories a day. From the official website: "The rapid weight loss stage of the diet involves eating 800 calories a day. If you decide this approach is for you, we recommend that you stay on this stage for a minimum of 2 weeks, though you can stay on the plan for up to 12 weeks depending on your goals and how much weight you have to lose." From OP's post, it is not clear which version they are using.

https://thefast800.com/how-to/

This discussion has been closed.