What have you all been doing as far as hair maintenance during lockdown?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    7tbl5fuh43oa.jpg

the length i'm at now.

giphy.gif

it really is <3
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My natural hair color is salt and pepper which I do like but I’m not ready to rock quite yet. This time I was going for a caramelized brown but I didn’t want monotone color, I wanted some dimension and depth and didn’t want to end up with a hair disaster. I used 3 different colors and various blending techniques and this was the result I achieved. At least it didn’t turn green! As far as the haircut, I haven’t had a trim since early March so I gotta work with what I got since I don’t dare cut it myself... yet!

ek5b1kefzzfe.jpeg

I think your hair looks great! The colour and styling both.

I cut my own twice (thought I did a great job) saw my stylist at the end of July, finally, she did not agree! She cut it shorter than usual because she's on mat leave now "and doesn't want me cutting it again"!

Oh, and what is that cute little haunted house on the floor? A doll house?

Thanks! <3
    Yea, it’s a weird feeling... I feel like I’m cheating on my hairdresser with myself :D but I am saving a lot of money so I don’t know if I’ll go back to having her do it or just keep doing it myself and see her only for haircuts.
    It’s actually a haunted house candle holder. I love Halloween and keep some of the decorations out all year long :p
  • RunsWithBees
    7tbl5fuh43oa.jpg

the length i'm at now.

Beautiful! You can really rock some statement earrings with that do! :)
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I've been to the salon once to get a haircut. Other than that, I'm using boxes of Clairol to keep away the gray.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    7tbl5fuh43oa.jpg

the length i'm at now.

my beautiful friend ❤
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I highly recommend Overtone instead of box dye. No mixing, its a color conditioner so no dryness, and you get way more than two applications out of one tub. It got me through lock down. Comes in every color.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I highly recommend Overtone instead of box dye. No mixing, its a color conditioner so no dryness, and you get way more than two applications out of one tub. It got me through lock down. Comes in every color.

hot pink?

orange?

.... asking for a friend.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member

no wonder your hair always looks so pretty. if i ever color my hair again i'll have to search for this
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I cut my own hair once in the beginning and put some green bits in there maybe last month or two. I'm letting the green wash out because I'm thinking pink next or dark blue. Green has been nice though.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I normally get a salon trim and colour faithfully every 8 weeks, and do a home root touch-up at 4. Luckily I had just had my appointment the week before things shut down here.

As soon as the weather started warming up my bangs were driving me crazy. I thought in the past that I was reasonably competent at trimming my own bangs but I guess I've lost the skill (or maybe I was just kidding myself) because they got worse, despite being shorter. :|

Around the 8 week mark I went looking for a drugstore dye that looked close to my normal dark auburnish colour. I found one, then I spotted this really vibrant dark red in a premium brand. I ended up buying both and I'd look at that fiery red and think, nah, I'd go with the safe colour.

I ended up using the fancy red one and it turned out more subdued than the pic on the box so I don't think it looked much different than my usual colour. My hair tends to grab (and lose) dye differently so it's never a flat monochrome even though only one colour goes on. The drugstore dye really dried it out though.

Salons here reopened in June and I went in early July.

Your hair looks amazing and so subtle!

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My highlights have grown out and it's running wild. I'm not spending money right now I'm not going anywhere or seeing anyone anyhow. It's a bit dark but it looks like I'm going for the ombre.
  • RunsWithBees
    ythannah wrote: »
    I normally get a salon trim and colour faithfully every 8 weeks, and do a home root touch-up at 4. Luckily I had just had my appointment the week before things shut down here.

As soon as the weather started warming up my bangs were driving me crazy. I thought in the past that I was reasonably competent at trimming my own bangs but I guess I've lost the skill (or maybe I was just kidding myself) because they got worse, despite being shorter. :|

Around the 8 week mark I went looking for a drugstore dye that looked close to my normal dark auburnish colour. I found one, then I spotted this really vibrant dark red in a premium brand. I ended up buying both and I'd look at that fiery red and think, nah, I'd go with the safe colour.

I ended up using the fancy red one and it turned out more subdued than the pic on the box so I don't think it looked much different than my usual colour. My hair tends to grab (and lose) dye differently so it's never a flat monochrome even though only one colour goes on. The drugstore dye really dried it out though.

Salons here reopened in June and I went in early July.

Your hair looks amazing and so subtle!

Thanks! It’s been fascinating learning all about hair levels and tones. I’ve had to learn that the color on the box is not usually the color that will turn out on my hair :D I used demi-permanent dyes only so they’d be easier to blend. Almost all the hair experts I’ve watched on YouTube say to stay away from permanent dyes which can be less forgiving and harder to correct if errors do occur. I must admit that the pictures on the boxes of permanent dyes look so much more appealing and hard to resist though! :)
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    I totally forgot about my hair
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Shave 😉
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Actually got ahead of the crowd for once, and stopped colouring my hair last November. I got tired of colouring it and my hair was really fried and dry. Growing it out grey wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be as my hair grows at different speeds all over my head so it looked a lot like highlights. I finally managed to get it cut last month when the salons reopened and went for a long bob that I could tie up and it is actually soft now. I guess with isolation plus masks it was a good time to grow it out! Jk btw! OP your hair looks beautiful. You did a great job!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    On my head and face letting it grow, and grow, and grow.

Me too. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    tams_89 wrote: »
    7tbl5fuh43oa.jpg

the length i'm at now.

You look amazing 😍

I agree!! You're absolutely gorgeous :)
  • ReenieHJ
    edited August 2020
    And @Runswithbees Love your do!
    @Tams very perty!
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    I dyed my hair purple the start of lock down and it went very dark s9lg2qamwn6v.jpg
    It has faded a lot now and finally went for a trim last week. I am trying to grow it out so will just have regular trims and stay away from the dye. zjy3fphbfjl4.jpg

you and YOUR hair are always on point, @tams_89 <3 . thank you