jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Wonderful and inspiring - well done :)
  • rhenry2424_
    rhenry2424_ Posts: 5 Member
    Amazing!!!
  • msapplek
    msapplek Posts: 95 Member
    Day-amn! Amazing!

@faithkelderhouse - I love to hear people's stories about their weight loss journeys, and would love to hear yours!

Would you share what was the catalyst that got you started 16mo. ago? Were you overweight as a child? or gained the weight as an adult? What tips would you share that helped you the most? What do you enjoy most about your current weight? What is your plan for maintenance?
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    WOW! You did an awesome job! You give me the spark to keep going! Thank you for sharing your success!
  • Betterdaily
    Betterdaily Posts: 11 Member
    Wow- You look fantastic, well done. Very interesting in hearing how you lost your weight!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Amazing! Congratulations. You must feel excellent.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 673 Member
    Amazing!!
  • allurajewel
    allurajewel Posts: 1 Member
    Amazing! Congratulations. What did you do to lose it?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    Wow! That’s a happy face there!
  • Helen7751
    Helen7751 Posts: 1 Member
    If you feel even half as good as you look, you must be on top of the world. CONGRATS!
  • stevepuckett9
    stevepuckett9 Posts: 2 Member
    Really, really good for a woman person !!!
  • dianntaylortoo
    dianntaylortoo Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations!!!!! You're an inspiration to me.
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    catmama256 wrote: »
    I think my catalyst was I went over the 300 lb mark. I felt that it was just a matter of time b4 it went over the 400 lb mark and so on and ended up on my 600 lb life. lol. I was not heavy all my life. I gained weight with each pregnancy and couldn't get rid of it. I had "thought" about gastric bypass surgery in 2007 but it was just out of my price range and insurance didn't cover it. But in December of 2018 just before Christmas I was browseing the internet and came across our local bariatric center and decided to submit an online application to see if I even qualified. I had an insurance now that covered bariatric surgery. A lot has changed in the past ten years. It's no longer considered a "cosmetic" surgery. It's now "medically necessary" if your bmi is over 40. I had just hit a bmi of 50 which is the beginning number for super morbidly obese. AFter much testing, a psych evaluation, counseling, etc. etc. I was told I was a GO. My insurance approved and surgery date was set. I had gastric bypass on April 19, 2019. It was horrifically painful, and just a really hard road to go down. Not to mention all the judgement I got. Many people thought I took the easy way out. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's HARD WORK. I track and measure every single bite that goes in my mouth, monitor my macros, take my vitamins daily (life long requirement), exercise like an athlete. Cardio, weight training, flexibility. I see a nutritionist, and an exercise therapist regularly. There is no room for a cheat day ever. My diet is near perfect every single day. I will have to do these things for the rest of my life. You don't just have surgery and lay back in your recliner and watch the weight fall off. You have to work hard for it and make a life long comittment to working hard at it every single day for the rest of your life. I'm off ALL medication. My blood sugar is perfect. My blood pressure is perfect. I no longer have high cholesterol. I am just do darn healthy now. I'm not just lighter....I'm healthier and that is PRICELESS.

Sounds like you absolutely had to work very hard. So what do you think the surgery gave you that you wouldn’t have had without it?
  • karengreenenc
    karengreenenc Posts: 4 Member
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • kjratliff55
    kjratliff55 Posts: 42 Member
    WAY To GO!!!!

I did 316-168 but it took me 4 years.
  • rontuueyeslikeafox
    rontuueyeslikeafox Posts: 99 Member
    Brilliant work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!