200 Pounds to Lose! <3

Options
Hello, my name is Kristen and I’ve been a foodaholic for the past few years. Food has always been an easy way to comfort myself when I’m feeling down or bored. I know that I can’t keep living like this and I’ll do anything to change except having surgery.

Today is day 1 for me. :heart:

In February I’m going on a Caribbean cruise with my family and soon to be husband. The last thing I want is to go on this cruise and get married weighing 340 pounds! I am the only one that can change this so starting today; (RIGHT NOW) I am going to make a huge lifestyle change.

Every healthier meal I eat and every walk I take WILL make a difference!

I want to give thanks to MyFitnessPal for providing me and others this free weight loss site. I really do love this site! :smile: I’m looking to find other plus size people on here who wants support and wants to discuss their issues and exciting happenings with someone else.

Thanks and hope to get to know some of you soon!

-Kristen :heart:

Replies

• chubbychristianchick
    Options
    Making up your mind was the first in a series of great choices to get you headed in the right direction!

May you have a blessed and successful journey!
  • edward1973
    Options
    Goodl luck Kristen - you can do it - theres lots of support and advice on this site - and lots of success stories to keep you motivated - feel free to add me
  • megamoo04
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!
  • torionna
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey!
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I am on my way to losing and am no way ready to stop.
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey...feel free to add me ....just started today to!!! :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    congrats on making your mind up to start a journey towards good health. your upcoming wedding should provide some motivation. along your journey, tell yourself how much better you'll feel as you become healthier (you will, I promise).
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I can't wait to see your success. You can do it, and only you can. Mind made up, brain in gear, heart is ready, your half way there.. If I can help in any way holler my way..
    Let's Roll girl...
    Marie
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristen! My name is Helen. I'm in the same boat you are (not as in cruise ship, but lots of weight I need to lose.) I didn't even put 200 pounds as my goal, but 50. I'd like to see that I can do that, and then move forward again. Maybe my thinking isn't in the right place, but I'll get there!
    I like this site, too! My friend Sarah told me about it yesterday, and for once I was able to eat without feeling guilty. (The calorie counters juxtaposed against what I'm shooting for were helpful in making me focus on what I was doing right not wrong...). The calorie amount on the treadmill was different from what this site suggested it'd be, but I went with the machine calculations.
    I wish us both success!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    BTW. don't let my wacky avatar scare you! I'm showing off my sense of humor, not my face! :smile:
  • sheneverfails
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome & good luck!

Feel free to add me if you like. I started out my weight loss journey with WW when I weighed almost 380, so I totally sympathize with your "200# to lose" goal. I still have about 150# to go and I'm always glad to help others out!
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I'm on a long journey of about 100-150 pounds to lose!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard !!! i have been here since febuary, and have lost about 40 lbs..it has been a tough road, but im not done yet..how much do you plan on losing by cruise time ?? best of luck, and add me if you like :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your start. If you need someone to talk to you can email me and hopely you can help me also.
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I started the end of March with the focus being my 18 night cruise from Venice to Ft Lauderdale coming next month! I think a cruise is a good thing to use to focus on. It's a specific date you can set your goals to work towards and you can think about how much fun you're going to have after all the hard work!

I was like you, needed to do something but surgery was not an option. Stay focused, know it will not always be easy (I'm stuck in another plateau) but also know you can make major changes if you are really ready to do so!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!
  • mygoal38
    mygoal38 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You are taking the first steps and that is all it takes to start your journey! Good luck! :happy:
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step and that's deciding to lose weight! Welcome to MFP. I have 82 pounds to go. Feel free to friend me!
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    good luck on your journey add me if you want for some support :flowerforyou:
  • bjshores
    bjshores Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first day. I have had a problem with my weight for some years. I hope you stick with this, and maybe we can do this together.:smile:
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can do it. My goal is to also lose 200lbs. I have been here a month and I am down 20lbs. If you would like, feel free to add me.