What pets do you have? What pets do you want?

Options
SleepyKiwi93
SleepyKiwi93 Posts: 14 Member
We adopted a 3 year old cat last year and she has become my best friend. Most likely because I am her favorite human in this house.

One day in the future I would love to have a life style block with a goat and a donkey and. Of course a dog.

Replies

• SleepyKiwi93
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Edit: I thought I could upload a photo but that didn't work and now I don't know how to delete the message so ... Yeah
  • SleepyKiwi93
    Options
    It blew my mind when I found out crows can talk. They are sooo smart.

Yeah I would have all animals if I could too.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    13 cats, 3 ducks, 3 geese, 2 dogs
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'd like to get another Rottie Shepherd mix within the next 5 years or so.

And, in my REALLY old wizened age (when my hair is 100% grey), I'd like to have a crow or raven. It will sit on my shoulder when I take walks outside and have an outdoor aviary when we get back home after scaring/scarring (hmmm, they both work) the neighborhood children who will assume I'm a witch.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

And, in my REALLY old wizened age (when my hair is 100% grey), I'd like to have a crow or raven. It will sit on my shoulder when I take walks outside and have an outdoor aviary when we get back home after scaring/scarring (hmmm, they both work) the neighborhood children who will assume I'm a witch.

I love your retirement plan
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I have two cats and two bunnies. I want probably most animals as pets. 🤔 Realistically I want a fennic fox, three more cats and two dogs. A few wild birds, maybe crows and at least one squirrel but they'd be outdoor and still wild but they come to my house bc we're best friends. Also, I teach the crows funny things to say so when visitors come it's a fun and spooky time.

uifjxokd0a8z.jpeg
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. We recently purchased 3 acres so I would love to add some livestock - a sheep or two, a goat or two, and some chickens.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i have like 4 gaggles of geese i visit at different places around town. they belong to mother nature, not me, but i still help take care of them as best i can.

there's a great blue heron that hangs out near one of the locations and he's actually pretty calm around me. i feel like he might let me pet him eventually but considering he could probably take my eyes out if he wanted pretty easily idk if im gonna risk it. still i feel like that'd be a pretty sweet pet to have around.

i met a raven a while back named Simon, which i thought was a pretty clever name.
    he could mimic really really well cause he lived in captivity with a bunch of people around. plus he liked being petted.
    so if the opportunity ever presents itself i'd like to get one as well, if only to see what parts of my dialogue he'd start to copy.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    I have 2 calico old grandma cats (15 years old) .... I have a German Shepherd and a Siberian Husky (Both will be 3 in October and December ) and I have a Parrot ..... I would love to have chickens, potbelly pigs and Rotties :)
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ah parrot was just hanging out at your front door?! I wanna live in whichever paradise location you're in @MohsenSALAH.

Also, in reviewing the thread, it seems crows, ravens, and the rest of the Corvus species are pretty popular around here. We should start a coven thread.

LOOOL i honestly thought it was a pigeon from a distance, but turned out to be an awesome parrot 😍

Yeah definitely that thread will unit us 🤣
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I have 0 pets. I’m going to get a zoo the day after I find someone to live in and take care of them.
    Until then, I pet other people’s.
  • SleepyKiwi93
    Options
    I have always wanted to have a cat but instead i found this cute parrot outside my door and adopted it, he is so noisy 732np7n4i2hn.jpeg

I'm not very well versed in bird law but is that an African Grey?
    If so, I'm extremely jealous
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to have a cat but instead i found this cute parrot outside my door and adopted it, he is so noisy 732np7n4i2hn.jpeg

I'm not very well versed in bird law but is that an African Grey?
    If so, I'm extremely jealous

LOOOL you got it right! And guess what i been having him for a week now and he speaks alot more than my 1 year old niece does 🤣🤣
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

Wow! Did he really just show up at your door? How cool.

I have 4 conure parrots. I would have other birds in the future.

I would NEVER own a snake or a cat.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I had one! He outweighed me for most of his life but he was an awesome dog, so well trained it was like he read my mind. Growled at one of my exes when he first met him, dog was smarter than me.

I have two dogs, a rescue of undetermined pedigree and a corgi. I want more corgis. My rule is I can't have more dogs than I have hands so unless I grow a third hand, two dogs it is.

I've always wanted a chinchilla. But I don't think it would last long with the dogs.