Biggest Gym Pet Peeves

Options
Treyy_Millz_7
Treyy_Millz_7 Posts: 29 Member
mine has got to be those are who don't offer to let you jump in when waiting to use something (which, fair enough they don't have to do) but what really grinds my gears is when they continue to barely use it! On their phone for ages/ chatting away to a friend.... etc etc during all that time I could have done my set & given the space back to you

Grrr

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    mine has got to be those are who don't offer to let you jump in when waiting to use something (which, fair enough they don't have to do) but what really grinds my gears is when they continue to barely use it! On their phone for ages/ chatting away to a friend.... etc etc during all that time I could have done my set & given the space back to you

Grrr

I don't expect them to make an offer to me to 'work-in' (although, I do this myself).

However, I will ask someone if I can 'work-in' if they are just sitting on a piece of equipment and not training.

( I get it, everyone needs to rest between sets, but if some guy is on his phone for longer than a few minutes.... he's not resting, he's.... well, he's just on his phone .)

My biggest gym peeve, undoubtedly is, folks not racking their weights.
    You picked it up. You used it. You need to rack 'em.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I workout in my basement. So my pet peeves are when I'm an a$$hat and too lazy to put weights and things back where they belong. I'm such a lazy d1ck sometimes and later on it frustrates me.
  • Treyy_Millz_7
    Options
    That's a good one too. I hate having to walk up and down the gym trying to find that one (or two) dumbbells cos someone has left it in a corner somewhere πŸ˜’
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I didn't know I hated this until it happened. I was running on the treadmill and this guy comes out of nowhere to ask me " Are you gonna get off the treadmill soon?"...I told him " yea soonish".. He came back after 3 mins to see if I was getting off now.... Chill out man! Go do something else!
  • salkavalka
    salkavalka Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    People who mess with the music I'm playing mid workout or stop the clock I'm using

It's a bit different to work out at a crossfit box πŸ˜‚
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I didn't know I hated this until it happened. I was running on the treadmill and this guy comes out of nowhere to ask me " Are you gonna get off the treadmill soon?"...I told him " yea soonish".. He came back after 3 mins to see if I was getting off now.... Chill out man! Go do something else!

If I were him I'd just use my eyes to tell when you were done.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I don't like gym facilities, mainly because I have too many qualms and issues with how people don't do things my way. You know, the RIGHT way lol

One of the biggest ones is failing to rerack DBs and the fixed weight BBs in proper weight order. And help us all if you take ONE DB and then rerack just anywhere. What are you doing? No...but really, what are you doing?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    YouTube ads when I'm stuck under a barbell :s
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Unsolicited advice from the bro dudes.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I always capitalize Bro Dudes.

You might want to as well.
  • rojodiablotx2020
    rojodiablotx2020 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Over hyped up guy, who then becomes over loud guy, and then turns into over proud / look at me guy. I laugh because Metroflex gym is right up the street for them.
  • Treyy_Millz_7
    Options

WOW that is crazy! Were you using the one and only treadmill in the gym or something? When people act impatient and too entitled I just use whatever it is a little longer πŸ˜‚
  • Treyy_Millz_7
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: Β»
    YouTube ads when I'm stuck under a barbell :s

omg yes this is a brilliant one πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ YouTube and those damn (double) ads are really annoying!!
  • Treyy_Millz_7
    Options

πŸ˜‚ yeah I've had that before too! Like, nobody asked dude. I get that some are honestly just trying to be helpful but others..... hmmmmm πŸ€”
  • Treyy_Millz_7
    Options
    The hyper lifter. Lift as fast as you can staring in the mirror then slam the weights down. Puff and prance to the fountain and repeat.

πŸ˜‚