How to stop hormonal weight gain?

Options
I think I am gaining weight because of hormonal issues!

I get tired easily from working out..I hate exercises and routines I loved to do to lose weight now!

I feel rush to eat fast as well and basically I eat 2-3 hours only on weekdays after work with green tea in the morning and on weekends I eat regular, whatever I want.

Pls don't tell me to eat 6 small meals a day, it doesn't work for me and doesn't work with my lifestyle.

CW: 142 lb - GW: 125

I did rolling 48 fasting last month and completed 30 days..(it wasn't hard) but now I gained everything back..

I think I got some issue in my body that is making it hard for me to maintain my lost weight. I was wondering if I should take any supplement or eat certain ingredient to help me??

P.s I need friends on here who are active in the app. Thanks.

Replies

• ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You may be tired because you aren’t eating enough. How many calories are you actually eating in a day?
  • womanlady
    womanlady Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ALZ14 wrote: »
    You may be tired because you aren’t eating enough. How many calories are you actually eating in a day?

I m eating enough I eat over 1400 calories
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    womanlady wrote: »
    ALZ14 wrote: »

I m eating enough I eat over 1400 calories

That may not be enough for your needs, assuming you are accurately weighing and logging your food.

• womanlady
    womanlady Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What makes you think it's a hormonal issue? It doesn't sound like you are really tracking what you eat - you are all over the shop, with 48 hour fasts, eating regular "whatever I want", 30 days etc. Gimmick may work in the short term, but are unsustainable and unnecessary. Are you weighing and measuring every single thing you eat? Fatigue can be caused by a huge range of issues, so definitely speak to your doctor about that, but as for being unable to lose weight - maybe some consistent tracking, weighing and logging is what you need.

And no one here would tell you to eat 6 meals a day, that has no effect on anything as far as weight loss goes. Calories in vs calories out are all that matter, whether you eat 1 meal a day, or 47.

I am good at following diets but as soon as I stop being consistent I gain it all back.. My body is strong enough to do long term fasting because I have been doing it since I was young so I don't think it is from fatigue that I am gaining. I agree that I m not tracking food so I will go back to tracking my food because I might be over eating tbh.

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Weight gain happens when you eat more calories than your body burns. If you’re tracking and logging everything you eat and drink correctly, and gaining weight, you need to see your doctor to rule out medical issues.
  • RidiriH
    RidiriH Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...whenever one of my students starts spiraling out of control, I meet with them to reset the basics. My basics of my healthy habits are as follows: drinking at least 48 oz of water; minimum of 5,500 steps; 10 minutes of exercise concentrating on arms, glutes, or abs; 5 minutes of journaling; and, strangely enough, making my bed. When I feel my life is getting out of control, doing these 5 things calms me down. Maybe list things that are basic to a healthy, happy you and keep it posted for times like this. When you reset yourself, you’re likely to be able to look at your difficulties with calm objectivity. Then you can pursue whether you have a hormonal imbalance or just working through an extra long plateau or maybe responding to extra stress.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    RidiriH wrote: »
    Hmmm...whenever one of my students starts spiraling out of control, I meet with them to reset the basics. My basics of my healthy habits are as follows: drinking at least 48 oz of water; minimum of 5,500 steps; 10 minutes of exercise concentrating on arms, glutes, or abs; 5 minutes of journaling; and, strangely enough, making my bed. When I feel my life is getting out of control, doing these 5 things calms me down. Maybe list things that are basic to a healthy, happy you and keep it posted for times like this. When you reset yourself, you’re likely to be able to look at your difficulties with calm objectivity. Then you can pursue whether you have a hormonal imbalance or just working through an extra long plateau or maybe responding to extra stress.

This is more stuff which will not determine what’s happening to her. Likely leaving her more confused.

OP- Weigh your calories. Eat consistently to get your hunger cues under control, and at the calorie range MFP has set for you. And then be patient.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Eating “whatever you want” on weekends is probably the issue. You’re probably wiping out any potential deficit you’re creating during the week. I would suggest logging everything accurately in grams and using USDA entries in the food database.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,513 Member
    Options
    womanlady wrote: »

I am good at following diets but as soon as I stop being consistent I gain it all back.. My body is strong enough to do long term fasting because I have been doing it since I was young

I’m no expert and you’ve been at it longer than me, but maybe that’s the problem? Get out of the “diet” mindset. It needs to be something sustainable and regular, instead of an endless roller coaster.

I kind of think you know what you need to do, but just need reassurance.

Calculate your needs and come up with a plan that includes foods you enjoy which you weigh and log carefully.