Mom extra calories

Options
While tracking food I started to realize how some extra calories were sneaking in and probably adding up. Licking the peanut butter off a knife, nibbling crusts off bread, or finishing the good foods off of a toddlers plate so it doesn't go in the trash. When you're preparing and cleaning up food for what feels like all day, you end up eating all sorts of different bites, my laziness in not wanting documenting those has kept me from eating them now :) Also we got chickens who are the best toddler leftover eaters! Am I the only one? I don't even like peanut butter, why am I licking the knife!

Replies

• Raegold
    Raegold Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's really easy to get in the habit of eating little bits of the kids food or random things like licking the knife after PB... I just had to change my habits, scrape the knife on the PB jar, throw out the little leftovers I was eating. Tracking can really open your eyes to some things!!
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That is one reason I don’t eat my exercise calories back, it gives me a cushion agains those random bites of food that make their way into my mouth.