Powerblock dumbbells

tequierosince06
tequierosince06 Posts: 101 Member
edited September 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I got some powerblock dumbbells yay! I feel like I kinda upped my game. Im looking forward to using my new dumbbells with my new workout program For this month of September.

The ppl in the videos for my workout programs use the powerblocks and I always thought eventually I might want some but I never realized how expensive they are! I wanted to treat myself to something so I decided lets do it finally. Mine are the 24lb set for $179 free shipping & no tax (which is great compared to the prices I found) Just wanted to share that Im excited.

bqvd5yih426h.jpeg

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I have powerblocks too and they ARE great! Do you do fitness blender by any chance? That’s what inspired me to buy mine.

Have fun! Lift heavy 😉
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Great buy! Love mine. I was inspired by fitness blender. I thought I would pass on the stand but wish I didn’t!
  • tequierosince06
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I have powerblocks too and they ARE great! Do you do fitness blender by any chance? That’s what inspired me to buy mine.

Have fun! Lift heavy 😉
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Great buy! Love mine. I was inspired by fitness blender. I thought I would pass on the stand but wish I didn’t!

Yesss fitness blender! Ive used them for years & finally decided to get powerblocks because of them. I figure 24lb is fine because I still have my other dumbbell set and I can always go up to 30lb with those. I think the powerblock stand will be the next buy.
  • tequierosince06
    edited September 2020
    I just bought 2 new fitness blender programs that were on the 70% off sale.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Nice set! I have the 50 lb set but their not as colourful as yours :(
  • tequierosince06
    Nice set! I have the 50 lb set but their not as colourful as yours :(

Aw but 50lb set is nice. One thing I knew about my set is that the description said that an expansion can’t be added onto it. But thats ok because I will use my other dumbbells
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I just bought 2 new fitness blender programs that were on the 70% off sale.

I bought some when they were on sale earlier this summer! My sister bought a different plan and we email each other the workouts links for the day so we can get 2 for 1 😂.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I use my husbands power blocks (they go up to 90 lbs). We have a stand with ours and bought them used over a year ago for only $200!

I have my own upper/lower workout that I do in an app called GymGoal. I love the power blocks for bench presses!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    I use my husbands power blocks (they go up to 90 lbs). We have a stand with ours and bought them used over a year ago for only $200!

I have my own upper/lower workout that I do in an app called GymGoal. I love the power blocks for bench presses!

Nice pickup. Bet you won't find those for $200 now.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

Nice pickup. Bet you won't find those for $200 now.

Lol! No, but while building our home gym we learned what various things cost and turned buying and selling used gym equipment into a new source of income. We started building the home gym over 2 years ago, well before all of this started. If you are patient enough, you can still get some great deals, they are just harder to come by now. 😄
  • I have the 90 pound set. They saw me through lock down but I’m back at the gym now. They did the job nicely and take up hardly any room
  • tequierosince06
    Sometimes I feel my traditional dumbbells are heavier than the power blocks. Is there a reason why? Is my brain just tricking me because of the weight is distributed?