Anyone here hesitate to share their goal weight?

Does anyone here hesitate to share their goal weight because they think some people will think it’s too low? If so, what is your goal weight? Mine is 160, I’m 6’0”

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    160 for 6'0" is right in the middle of the middle of the normal BMI range, so that doesn't seem too low at all.

At 5'5" I'm probably looking at 115-120 to be as lean as I want without building up some muscle, but I'm probably gonna try for 125 and some recomping because muscle is nice.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    My goal weight is 140-150 ...I am 5'6
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Does anyone here hesitate to share their goal weight because they think some people will think it’s too low? If so, what is your goal weight? Mine is 160, I’m 6’0”

Are you a man? Because at 6' 153. I looked like I was anorexic. And I essentially was
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Yes I am. Now you see why I hesitate.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I didn't tell people anything about my weight loss, so I didn't get unsolicited opinions.

There's no reason to share personal information with people, except your doctor/trainer/anyone else you're working with to help you get to your goal. Otherwise, it's no one's business.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    No.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have no goal weight 🤷🏿‍♀️ As long as I stay in the healthy BMI range I'm good.

My focus this whole time has been body fat percentage and the elusive (at least for me) low 20s. I'll stick it this time...and stay there!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't have a goal weight I have a goal body composition. I usually have an idea /range but this time I'm just going with the flow.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Wow, I don't think I answered the actual question. :) No, I didn't share my goal weight with anyone but no one really knew I was on a diet. They just noticed me getting smaller (I see a lot of people only once or twice a year).
  • Sayanogo
    Sayanogo Posts: 34 Member
    I don't share my goal weight (and hesitate to talk about it on MFP) because it is higher than a healthy BMI range.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member

Mind if I ask why you set a goal weight opposed to a goal look? Your weight is no ones business. Nor should it be something to centralize around. It's a number. Unless you're unhealthy. Then whatever. As long as you are happy with how you look.

I'm currently 212 at 6' and think I look tiny. Why do you choose to go so low?
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited September 2020
    155 lbs.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »

Mind if I ask why you set a goal weight opposed to a goal look? Your weight is no ones business. Nor should it be something to centralize around. It's a number. Unless you're unhealthy. Then whatever. As long as you are happy with how you look.

I'm currently 212 at 6' and think I look tiny. Why do you choose to go so low?

Well I have been big plenty before and I have always wanted to get very lean.
  • Christi1979
    Christi1979 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm not terribly concerned with a specific goal weight. I just figure I'll know what I'm happy with when I get there. I'm more interested in how toned I look and maybe dropping a few sizes in the process.