Zumba anyone?

Options
Curious if anyone has tried or had any sucess with the Zumba excersice program. Just got the dvds and am going to start tonight!
whats the best excersice rountine you have found that works?

Looking for new friends to help each other stay motivated in our goals!
i only have 6 weeks to my first goal
=)

Replies

• reinach31
    Options
    I bought the DVDs about a year and a half.. I probably used it 3 or 4 times.. since then - it's been in the box!

I was very excited at first..but doing the same routines/same music and alone - it was not as much fun - as doing the class with more poeple.

I started taking zumba classes at my gym - but then my instructor left and that's why I decided to buy it!

Sorry, but I don't think I am motivating you!
  • BrittMUSTloseweight
    Options
    i was about to ask the same question! i am wanting to do some zumba also..
  • sarabeth000219
    Options
    Well i would like to take the class but thought since im to self conscience and have absolutely no rythm it might help to do the dvds first.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The classes are awesome! I'd definately try a class. I did and loved it!
  • ygrad2001
    Options
    I love love love zumba! That is how I lost the majority of my weight. I mostly take it at the gym. I have a few dvd's and they work good also. I am down 32 since Feb.
  • BrittMUSTloseweight
    Options
    i dont have the DVDs but i found alot of videos on youtube! i like the fast paced workouts. i havnt been doing them everyday like i should tho, so i have been looking to see if anyone has had any results using it
  • chiroGirl77
    Options
    I love it! It is so much fun. I go a few times a week to the gym and a dance studio! It is ok if you have no rhythm or can't dance you will learn the steps and just do the best you can! The idea is to have fun and get your heart rate pumping. I also have the videos and the wii game but I really like doing it at the gym!
  • brandi2882
    Options
    I bought the DVD's about a year ago. Me and my sisters have a lot of fun with them. I do admit that I go through phases where I use them a lot then not at all. They really work though, its quite a workout! I think you just have to change it up every once in awhile.
  • reinach31
    Options
    Trust me - you don't have to have rhythm but you will have LOTS of fun!

I really enjoyed the instructor - she got everyone to dance / shake that booty and get some good workout!

Don't be shy - just think you want to have fun - and like being in a CLUB! (Which I don't remember what is like to be in a club - it's been SOOO long) hahhaha

Have fun and enjoy it!
  • sarabeth000219
    Options
    awesome! im excited to try it out! always looking for something new to mix it up :)
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba but I owned it for nearly a year before I actually started to use it on a regular basis. My favorite DVDs are the live ones. I want to buy the new set because I can turn the instructors voices off and just go with it. But as for success I lost about 15 pounds in a couple weeks and SEVERAL inches. the 1st week I lost 11 inches (chest, hips, thighs, arms) 3 or 4 straight from my waist!
  • lizmichele
    lizmichele Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Find a Zumba class. It is great workout and lots of fun. I could Zumba every day! And you a ton of calories! If you can find a Zumba Toning class, take it. Those 1.5 pound sticks really help.
  • Debs1971
    Options
    I have just got back from an amazing class.. still buzzing!! Its changed my life.... The minute i stepped into my first class i was in love with it, and its given me confidence to try other things such as running and kettlebells! I am now really toning up and have lost 2 dress sizes!

I have zumba for the wii - tried it once and never used it again... just doesnt compare to the atmosphere and fun of the 'real' thing!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!

If you enjoy latin style dancing with a little mix of other stuff - you will like it.

I started with the DVDs - still have them and still use them - but after I got comfortable with some of the moves I decided to try some live classes. I get a much better burn at the live classes. (860 to 1030 cals in an hour for me) I think partially because I work harder since there are other people around and partially because it is easier to move when I am not on my living room carpet!!

Anyway - next year - when I am much closer to the size I want to be... if I could find Berto or Beto - or however you spell his name - I WOULD KISS HIM RIGHT ON THE MOUTH!!!!
  • lyddsmom
    Options
    I love zumba. It is so much fun; it doesn't even feel like I'm exercising although I am dripping with sweat after finishing class. I have never done the videos, just a live class. My sister, however, has done the videos and loves it. I go to a live class because I love exercising in a group.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the DVDs but the classes are awesome! The trick with the classes is to find one with a nice instructor. I have noticed that a good Zumba class depends a lot on the instructor (as compared to other gym classes).

Definitely check out a Zumba class, you will have fun! Congrats on your new DVDs too :smile:
  • jek002
    jek002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba! I've only ever done the live classes and they are a blast. I was on the fence about getting the DVDs but I agree with others that nothing can replace the real thing.

If you're looking for a place to go, there is a "class locator" on the zumba fitness website. They have classes in lots of gyms, community centers, and dance studios in my area. I shopped around until I found the cheapest one.
  • jess_austin
    Options
    You should definitely try out the Zumba 20 minute express, the routines are easy, fun and burn of a good amount of calories!! But i always think variation is the key so switch it up with different exercise videos as otherwise you will find them less motivating!
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba Wii for a few weeks now. So far I am in love with it.

Working my way up to a gym class cause it would be more fun with others.