Subway eaters...

Options
Just a quick question about Subway veggies...

Do you all count the calories when you add veggies? And I guess in general, do you count veggie calories in your meals??

Replies

• AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't, but that is just me, some of my friends do :)
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I count veggies into my intake not only for the calories, but some have carbs and then I also track the vitamins and minerals that I get from them.
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, get on the Subway website and they have all the nutritional information listed...including the veggies.:wink:
  • katie23may
    katie23may Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Subway website has a calorie counter and u specifically add what you put on your sandwich, maybe this would help?
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I count everything.
  • mama050709
    Options
    It all depends honestly.... are you adding extra? if you just go in and add everything by itself, it is SOMETIMES easier.
  • delcatty
    delcatty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I count everything unless it has 0 calories.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Someone already noted 6" wheat chicken breast with pepperjack cheese, sweet onion sauce and 'the works' which I'm going to assume is vegetables so I just use that when logging my Sub. I only ever have sweetcorn and green peppers in mine so I just assume that covers it
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I always count my veggies which is kind of a pain when I get a salas from subway. Some days I guesstimate, and some days I pull it all apart and weigh the things that don't have a specific amount. (i.e I weigh my spinich, add 3 tomato slices). the way I look at it calories are calories, they all need to be counted.
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    no because if you look at the nutrition info, it states that veggies are included:

(from the nuritition site) :O)

Subs with 6 grams of fat or less include 9-Grain Wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and green peppers. All OTHER sandwich values include cheese unless otherwise noted.

Addition of other condiments and fixings will alter nutrition values.

hope that helps :O) i love subway, ill be having that for dinner tonight before my softball game! enjoy~
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    sometimes I do..... depending on my mood, I guess :)

Lately, I have, but I think it's just a mental thing to make me think I'm eating more foods than I really am. (Yes, I'm that silly!)

But the veggies like the lettuce and green peppers on my subway sandwiches... no, I dont normally count those.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Guess it depends on what daily numbers you're watching? The carbs all add up - but they're GOOD carbs!
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do b/c I'm an anal math nerd :-P but seriously, unless you're eating an entire bag of carrots or something, how many cals does that add to your day? like 20? doesn't really matter unless you're trying to stay super close to your daily goal. i just do it b/c, like i said, kinda a precise geek.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I log most, but not EVERY veggie I eat. No I don't log every tomato and onion on every sandwich. I give myself enough leeway in my calorie intake/burn to account for miscellaneous things like a bite of something or some veggies.
    I DO log fruit (more calories & sugar) When I get a sammich at subway I get a kid's sub and I put practically ALL the veggies on it and no, I don't log that - just the sandwich itself. I also don't log every veggie in salads, just log it as a salad, and the dressing.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yes I count veggies...
  • TracyJoM
    TracyJoM Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Most veggies on the Subway Nutrition guide or zero except for tomatoes and olives.

I eat lunch at Subway about everyday and I stick with the lettuce and sometimes black olives. You are too add 10 calories for the flatbread....
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I only get the veggie sub from Subway. I don't get any peppers or onions or cheese. I didn't see that in the database already, and I'm too lazy to add it myself. So I just log my meal as 6" Veggie Delite, All veggies, No cheese. The calorie count is only going to be slightly inflated, but not enough to really matter. When they had avocado, I logged that separately. I log my mustard separately as well.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    All calories count. Even the healthy ones. If you don't put them in your food diary your most likely going to over eat. Your body doesn't read your food diary, it already knows what you put in it. It doesn't care what you wright down !!!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I count pretty much everything. I took a big gulp of air in the other day, and put it down as ten calories. You can never be too careful. Anyway, it's my running time. See y'all later.
  • CelticDragon
    CelticDragon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Since I LOVE veggies, and could eat them all day, I count them. If I order a sandwich almost anywhere it's usually veggie. Veggie Delight at Subway. I do however add mayo and avocado (I know!), so I have to add that to my calories. But as someone else said, if you're ordering a standard Subway sandwich, the basics are included, so you only have to add your "extras."