TEACHERS?

Options
Hi! Any fellow teachers that just started or about to start their school year? I think we have some unique challenges, especially now, and I would love to connect! Please friend request me! Oh . . .and good luck! :)

Replies

• Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    One week in! It wasn't as bad as I expected, actually. I definitely miss being with students, but I think we'll be okay, and it is much safer doing this virtually (I'm in an area with a ton of cases, so we simply can't go back yet).
  • TaraLynn1974
    TaraLynn1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My daughters have hybrid models, but my district has us in 5 full days per week. I'm a bit nervous about the safety of it. Also the logistics of teaching Cohort A "live" while instructing Cohort B at home virtually . . . but I think you are right that it may not be as complicated as I anticipate once I get in the groove of it. I am looking forward to seeing the kids even though I'll be behind a mask, a shield and plexiglass! I hope with all the extra work I will manage to stay on track with my health goals.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Teacher here in the UK. All too bonkers
  • IrishAnnie90
    IrishAnnie90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a principal and teacher in a small Catholic PreK-8th grade building just outside Chicago. We started three weeks ago. Yes, very stressful, but kids and teachers are SO HAPPY to be back in school and together again. I have 13 live-streaming, but the rest are in school. The first week was so tense, but each week is better and better. I will be sweating out the next three weeks worrying about people who traveled this weekend or spent time with other people. We are getting used to all of the rules and protocols. The absolute hardest thing: the first day of school, kids just threw themselves at me for hugs (I am a HUGGER) since we haven’t seen each other in almost SIX MONTHS! We developed a distance hug: wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze while making eye contact. Not nearly the same, but it works for now.
  • TaraLynn1974
    TaraLynn1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Annie, I like that distance hug! Yes, there is concern about the long weekend travel . . . I'm dreading the first week tension but know it will get better. I'm really hopeful we can do the first half with zero cases and maybe get back to normal before the end of the year?! Who knows.