Inspiration Needed

Options
Starting out with 50kg+ to lose.

Hoping for some support and motivated friends to keep each other on track. Struggle for meal ideas so be good to see others food diaries and exercise logs.

Can't afford to fail anymore.

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you ate before, just weigh your foods and eat in a deficit.

If I tried to change the WHAT I ate I would fail epically...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    You can eat whatever you ate before, just weigh your foods and eat in a deficit.

I both agree and disagree. I agree in that you should eat food that you enjoy and food that satisfies your hunger. You may wish to change or adjust what you eat to make it more likely you will be satisfied while limiting calories. Example, I don't need to eliminate mashed potatoes from my diet but I am presently avoiding them and eating more riced cauliflower because it is far less calorie-dense. I'm often replacing a tablespoon of butter on a cooked veg or potato with a tablespoon of grated parmesan. I am making sure to include a hearty breakfast in my daily diet because it keeps me more satisfied throughout the day. Bread is a measured treat rather than a several-time-a-day favorite. A serving of prunes replaces a pudding cup for about the same calories but more fiber which is more filling.

You can make the adjustments that make sense for you. Don't feel you need to instantly change to tiny servings of bland food. Therein lies diet burnout. Your goal is to slowly learn to eat like the thin and healthy person you will become.

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I am super picky and if I made myself eat things like cauliflower, my “diet” would end day 1.

OP find what works for you. If you are picky like I am, stick with what you already eat. I exercise more if I know I want some particularly high calorie food that day (pizza is a personal favorite of mine). I eat smaller portions of the foods I ate before and it works for me whereas I tried before to eat the “healthy” foods and I was miserable, so I stopped trying to eat better and thought weight loss was never going to happen.

Now, I’m down 25 lbs with another 40 to go and I never had to add in any food that I don’t enjoy. I just control portion sizes and eat in a deficit. 😊