Less Alcohol - SEPTEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• jessgetsatit
    jessgetsatit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll.

I am a week late, but I just found this group again (I have been off MFP for awhile). I have all of my AF days logged this year though, as I do it on my own log...

I actually stumbled on this group last October and there was a reference to Anne Grace and her Alcohol Experiment. That set me off on a long journey of trying to get off the booze for good. But as of today, I am not completely AF, but I do drink a LOT less. So I feel like that is something to be proud of. I need to get back on track with my calories/exercise/alcohol though. This pandemic really messed up my routines I had! August was horrible. I gained weight and drank more days then I have in a year!

Jan: 25 days AF
    Feb: 22 days AF
    Mar: 19 days AF
    Apr: 20 days AF
    May: 14 days AF
    June: 24 days AF
    July: 21 days AF
    Aug: 11 days AF

157 out of 244 = 64% AF

So far in Sept (it's really bad, I used the holiday as an excuse to give up on myself):

Week 1
    9/1: drank
    9/2: drank
    9/3: drank
    9/4: drank
    9/5 drank
    9/6: drank

Week 2
    9/7: AF

• mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Back on track. I too am avoiding daily news, but I need a book or show to binge on so I'm not alone with my thoughts very long. Because I don't stay alone with them long. Pretty soon they invite a bottle or can of Rose. Anyone reading a page turner? The darker and twistier the better.

@shorepine I'm sorry, but I think we need to rename you #RockingWonderWomanFarmerCamperTeacherMom.

@jessgetsatit I'm cracking up wondering how to pronounce your handle. You could be a guy perv, a woman who just went through breast cancer and is getting reconstructive surgery, or someone who is cracking the whip! However you pronounce it, welcome! I haven't done great this month (or last) either. But was on a roll for almost 5 months prior.

2 out of 8 days AF. Naughty Girl! I WILL be up to 51+% AF by the end of this *kitten* month.

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    You know that I love you all.
    Just want to say though...

@Doxmum is a Dachshund owner, Dachshunds = Dox

She isn't a Doctor (although I think that she is a nurse), nor do I think that she is a mother to a doctor, so she is not Docmum

I hate confrontation, otherwise could/should have said something months ago.
    It probably doesn't even matter, but I get the intention of her "name".

Maybe it took a bit of liquid courage for me to finally say this.

She lives an hour to an hour and a half away from me, but for now the borders are closed. Honouring the Dox : - )
    She and I shall meet face to face some day!!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    One killer skinny margarita on the rocks (tequila, cointreau, lime juice & light agave nectar). My daughters & daughters in-laws taught me to make these and yes all the ingredients are at the camp in large quantities (multiple bottles of each of the ingredients). Did not have my wonderful HEB fresh lime juice but we did have lime juice in the fridge. DH asked me to make one for him and of course I love them and had to make myself one too. We both just had the one :)
    Sipped on it through dinner and the old cartoon version of Mulan after a great evening fishing.

Sept accountability ~ 8
    No Alcohol: 4 days
    Alcohol: 4 days (7 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month; limit 1-2 glasses per day