VETERAN RUNNERS! If you could do only 1 run…

Options
Assuming you already run regularly, and found yourself coming up on a week that you KNEW you could only get in 1 run, what would you do?
A. Long run
B. Tempo Run
C. Intervals
D. Easy mid distance Run
E. Others

Second part- what if that 1-run week ended with a race? Would you still choose the same option above?

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    2 different answers:

No other run - I would just make sure to get in my long run
    Race - easy mid-distance run
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A long run!! However, with my luck, it would be one of those days where getting past the first 10 mins is harsh!! haha!
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I prefer a long run so I can set my pace and stay there... and yes if my week ended with a race
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    that would all depend on the distance of the race
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Distance run. During a race of a shorter mileage I can always pick up the pace :happy:
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Definitely the long run in the first scenario. If it was a race week...hmm, would depend on the race.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm so torn between a tempo run and a long run! i guess I would long run with a race and Tempo without. What a great question to ask runners!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll answer D. My favorite distance is 5-6 miles. That's more than I do most mornings (4.35) due to time constraints, but is less than a "long" run. And I do it technically slower than a tempo run.

the race scenario wouldn't change my answer.