60+ Needs Motivation in 2020 please

Options
just getting back to my journey of better living by eating better, losing weight, getting off all my mess by doing the above.
Need positive people to help me in this endeavor, not many around right now.
We are all living our life's with high walls due to covid. I just want start not be stalled in my journey
Does this sound like you? Do you need positive motivation? A true friend not a ghost?
If so friend me

Replies

• taviasgrannie
    taviasgrannie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    was hoping someone would say "Hi"
  • gininme
    gininme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    GoodMorning and it's going to be a Good day.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Sent a pm
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How's this for a motivator? It got my attention for sure. https://nyti.ms/31XM9lb
  • taviasgrannie
    Options
    Fat and don't remember being fat or trying to lose fat?
    Huh
  • taviasgrannie
    Options
    gininme wrote: »
    GoodMorning and it's going to be a Good day.

Thank you n too you too
  • taviasgrannie
    Options
    Good morning all
    Today's a lazy Thursday
    Trying hard to stick to my goals, let's see how the day progresses.
    Gainned 2lbs it's early and didn't sleep well.
    Wishing all a blessed day!!
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm just coming back myself! 63, gained the "Covid-15" (luckily have stayed well, just ate WAY too much) and am ready to take charge of my own situation. Just got on a scale again and was a little surprised 😳... I can definitely use an accountability friend- feel free to reach out
    !
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I turn 70 in a few months and am in the process of trying to lose 1/2 my initial body weight -- slowly working from the 280s to the 140s. I'm a lousy online friend as I don't do the daily likes and checks and so on. On the other hand, I enjoy writing on the boards. My diary is open. If you friend me I'll accept unless you appear to be a young, male catfish-er.
  • taviasgrannie
    Options
    Good morning. I turn 70 in a few months and am in the process of trying to lose 1/2 my initial body weight -- slowly working from the 280s to the 140s. I'm a lousy online friend as I don't do the daily likes and checks and so on. On the other hand, I enjoy writing on the boards. My diary is open. If you friend me I'll accept unless you appear to be a young, male catfish-er.

Nope old soon to be 62yr woman
    Friend me I will accept
    Not sticking much to eating plan yet. Give me a couple of days.
  • KAdeleF
    KAdeleF Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also gained the COVID-15! I also need encouragement and support!
    I moved 1500 miles away from home last August and have had troubles meeting new people, amoung other things! I used to be active but the quarantine and being lonely have taken a horrible toll on me. I need to break free and it will greatly help to have buddies beside me!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I am also working on gaining better health through this journey. I knew at the start of OVID that my weight would go one of two ways- so in the first few weeks I made the decision to make changes. For awhile it was simply controlling myself so I didn't gain and getting regular exercise. Gradually I decided to get serious about the weight and I have lost about 10 pounds. (My highest weight was never recorded on MFP as I refused to own it.) It is a journey, there will be ups and downs, but for me at least I know that my health will benefit if I make and maintain these changes. We can all do this!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Weight seems to be up and down but determined I will reach my target by Christmas.
  • taviasgrannie
    Options
    ann you can do it!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    If you're not finding the kind of support, encouragement, and accountability just trying on your own, it is worth trying a team approach. I know there are many, but hope you'll come and give this one a try - it has worked really well for many people, including me, and I'm 66. I think our oldest person is 72 and she is hard to keep up with! There are all kinds of people. It is the Fat2Fit Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group. We have six teams of around 25 people each. You get to know everyone and work together to keep moving towards your goals. Give it a try for October!

You can explore the group on https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

You'll see the team chat threads under Discussions, full group challenges and discussions under Announcements. The month's schedule is there - explore all around and if you want to sign up, go for it! The sign up is also under Announcements or you can go directly to
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811137/registration-for-new-members-october-2020/p2#
  • annliz23
    Options
    hsbb8zhpqitg.jpg
    Lets have a great week
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hows it going?
  • retired2011
    retired2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok need support
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    hsbb8zhpqitg.jpg
    Lets have a great week

That would drive me crazy. I believe it is fine to feel bad if things go not as expected. Or for many other, legitimate, reasons. And I am more than happy to listen to somebody who I care for who does feel bad.

Also, if I knew this was my last moment on earth I definitly would not live it in a happy way, but, at the least, be mildly sad.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Ok need support

Hi there, what's the matter? - I am sure people will be happy to help if they know with what.