Losing a child to cancer and major stress eating

Options
This past month I lost my daughter to Glioblastoma Brain Cancer. These past 18 months my stress eating has been out of control and now hovering just below 200lbs. Looking for support here along with stories you are willing to share. Time to get back to Healthy, and back to MFP!!

Replies

• gracegettingittogether
    Options
    I don’t have any stories to share, just that I am so deeply sorry for your immeasurable loss. Please be kind to yourself as you go along this part of your path!

Also, I weigh more than 200 lbs. We can both do this!
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss - sending you a virtual hug <3
  • MelBFit40
    MelBFit40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh mama. Sending you so much love, mother to mother. My advice to you is to be easy with yourself. Drink water, get sleep, take evening walks. Workouts can be amazing outlets for grief. Give yourself grace on your bad days. And I’m so sorry the universe is so horribly wrong sometimes. 😔
  • ElTriste1973
    ElTriste1973 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Experiencing loss is something some of us cannot cope with. I cannot imagine your pain but I am sure it is deep and is not going to end. However, being unhealthy and hurting yourself will only increase the pain. You are making the right decision and we are here to support one another. All best to you
  • ElTriste1973
    ElTriste1973 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Rayanne203 wrote: »
    Hi mama, I went through the same thing. My daughter was diagnosed with cancer at age 4 and passed at age 6. I gained a ton of weight during her cancer journey due to long hospital stays and constant appointments out of town. Then to make matters worse, I gained a problem with alcohol to cope with the immense loss and gained even more weight. She has been gone three years now. I no longer drink like a fish and I am finding the jagged edges of pain softening.

I will forever have a broken heart, but I am learning to live with my new normal. There is light at the end of the tunnel! I have now lost 45lbs and am feeling better/ healthier than ever! I know my sweet girl would want her mom healthy and happy. I have a son to live for, I gotta be healthy for his sake. I am 5'7 and 31 years old and going strong! I would like to weigh 135!

BIG HUGS and F*** CANCER! I am going gold for pediatric cancer this September, our children deserve better..

Congratulations on losing the 45 lbs.. and yes F... cancer big time. Yes, your daughter would want you to be healthy again and you are doing it. You will forever honor her memory by being the wonderful mom you are everyday and every morning that you wake up and say yes to your life and your health and no to hurt.