Less Alcohol - SEPTEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,563 Member
    Options
    Completely thinking of @shorepine
    On vacation somewhere else? So scared about the wildfires in Oregon for her and her fam.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I could not log in for 2 days, MFP issues. It's working now...on a positive note, I was AF yesterday and did Body Pump off youtube...

I too was thinking of @shorepine. I can't believe we don't have the capability and the technology to put out wildfires faster and more successfully. Yet billions are spent on other things that are way less pressing. I am sure if Oregon and California were republican states they would get way more support and attention.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @chocolate_owl that is one cool cabin! You lucked out there. Enjoy!
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I’m glad I found this group. Thank you for all you post @MissMay.
    My goal is 4 days/week :AF, which would be good for me. 2 Drinks/day on weekends.
    It’s so easy to have a drink while making dinner, another while doing the dishes and when done, make another to take into the sewing room. Part of the problem, is that it’s too hot to walk after dinner.
    So far AF 3 days this week; I didn’t think I could do it.

9/12-Wow! Thus sucks!!! I told myself I would do AF on week days and of course the first weekend is a 3 day and I am absolutely stuck inside due to Smokey air.

Rolling total 5AF days out of 12 days total.
  • Doxmum
    Doxmum Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm back on-line!!! :) I was one of those who could log-in but as soon as I went to Community I was logged out. Will catch up later today. I missed you all :'(
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @chocolate_owl - I live in the Houston area. Where abouts in Texas are you?
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @lilylady3k I'm from Houston! Grew up in Clear Lake and then moved back to West Houston when helping parents. I don't miss the traffic. Or the roaches, lol
    @mainelylisa - Very small world. I'm southwest Houston for last 30 years but grew up in Louisiana :)

Okay ... A beer sitting out with my aunt and her family visiting again as we watched them jetski pulling tube with kids. DH & I went "shopping" in my mom's house and picked up a red wine that turned out was way to old and had gone bad. Then we found a white wine in the outside garage fridge that my sister must have left recently. So 2 glasses of wine with dinner.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,563 Member
    Options
    I saw this on the street today, and thought of you @MissMay

2yto9avyxyu6.png
  • Doxmum
    Doxmum Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Last but definitely NOT least. @shorepine - has anyone heard from her? It's hard w/o email addresses. The smoke finally made it to western Montana this evening prompting an "unhealthy" air alert. I hope and pray she and her family (hooman & animals) are all OK, much less the land.

Just in case I disappear without warning, my email address is gmckcrna@gmail.com. Someone please check on me since MFP does not have a robust and consistently functional website.

Doxmum out
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Another “found” bottle of wine at my mom’s next door. 2 glasses so not AF. We were suppose to be home but instead we are still at the camp waiting for them to finish the roof.

Tomorrow we hope to head home!!! And I get to reset for another week which is good ... I need to put this drinking behind me and wirk on more AF days!