Starting Over: 15+ pounds to lose - Daily Check In

Options
2»

Replies

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe it’s almost mid-September already! I’m in a funk. I had a good August, disciplined, motivated ... and now, I can’t get out of the gloomy stuck feeling. Which doesn’t help the weight loss journey!! Keep jumping back and forth between 151-153!!
    Tips on how to shake the blues?!
  • CheerMom715
    CheerMom715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Exercise! Even a little bit! That'll blast you out of the funk. I just got off the treadmill. Just quick walking on a bit of an incline.

Forced myself, but in the end it's always worth it. Consistent exercise is an antidepressant.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. Stayed within calories. Got in 13k steps. Drank my water and did a mini Fitbit coach workout.

Same goal today. Calories steps water.
  • CheerMom715
    CheerMom715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    SW: 151.6
    CW: 148.4
    GW 135

Been doing pretty well.

Missed a few days with all of this virtual teaching stuff...which, trust me, is impossible.

Staying within calories, drinking my water...got on my treadmill again today. Had to force it but I'm glad I did it.

Keep at it!
    Kim

• renaegry
    Options
    Doing alright here. Hit my 10k everyday so far. Joined a step bet which will start on Monday for 6 weeks. So that should help get me moving. Eating alright. Within my calories. But could be eating a bit healthier.
  • Marnmouse
    Marnmouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New here. I live just outside of Toronto in Canada. Lots of space to get outside, no excuse.
    Was a stay at home very active mom until about a year ago and them went back to work.
    Took a desk job where we have a test kitchen and corporate chef who does demos for our customers on a regular basis and then feed us.
    Only good thing to come out of Covid is this has slowed down,
    I’m up about 20 lbs (blaming some of that on menopause) and feeling so ashamed.
    I have run 1/2 marathons, full marathons and even the Dopey run at Disney now I struggle to run 5 K.
    Think I’ll hang my metals on the fridge to remind me!
    Reset as of right now!!
    Thanks for sharing your journeys.
    Sorry for the long story
    Had to say sorry after all I am Canadian (wink wink)
  • renaegry
    Options
    Welcome Marnmouse.

Had a great day yesterday. Went for a 5.77 km walk then went and cut grass for an hour. Had 14.5k steps in before noon. Finished off the day just Uber 20k. Today’s plan is to do some house cleaning. Do some yard work and clean inside my truck. So not sure if I will get my steps in or not.
  • atty2de
    atty2de Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    SW 150
    CW 144.0
    GW 143.4 and when I hit that my new goal will be 137. Baby steps.

Rainy day yesterday and today so less than usual steps but I have kept to my allotted calories and this week the weather will be better.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi all, in response to Nadiamayl shaking the blues.... my tip is to slow down the loss to micro goals until you are out of it. So, instead of .5 a week - try .5 for the "blues" month or .1 loss for the week. If you overshoot, then great. If not, you are still a success and it was planned out. If you didn't reach it, no big deal - maintaining is important to learn too. With that said, I've bounced up and down from 145 for a month. Trying to see 143 for more than a day. Ultimate goal is 134ish. Gotta do it now before the holidays hit lol.
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    pnb3m6q3lq9h.png