No weight loss this week

Options
Just a bit disappointed that I didn't loose any weight this week despite loosing like 4 pounds last week. I've been so good and worked out extra in the gym. I have never reached my calorie deficient goal and stay atleast 300-400 cals under my goal.πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    abibi97 wrote: Β»
    Just a bit disappointed that I didn't loose any weight this week despite loosing like 4 pounds last week. I've been so good and worked out extra in the gym. I have never reached my calorie deficient goal and stay atleast 300-400 cals under my goal.πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

As long as you are accurately and honestly doing your food diary you likely are losing. You say you hit the gym extra hard. If you have sore muscles or just overused muscle you can retain water to protect the muscles. Are you eating back exercise calories? If so, make sure you use a heart rate monitor to accurately determine calorie burns.
  • abibi97
    abibi97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    cppeace wrote: Β»
    abibi97 wrote: Β»

As long as you are accurately and honestly doing your food diary you likely are losing. You say you hit the gym extra hard. If you have sore muscles or just overused muscle you can maintain water to protect the muscles. Are you eating back exercise calories? If so, make sure you use a heart rate monitor to accurately determine calorie burns.

No im not eating back any exercise calories, if anything I over estimate my calories for things that are homemade.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Can you open up your diary so we can rule out logging errors?

Your answer is in here somewhere:
    15fd46h257a4.jpg
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Your 4 lbs weight loss last week might have been a bit falsely high if you were a bit dehydrated at the time. That is one advantage i like about weighing daily, I get to see what's going on with my water weight. If I'm up or down a few pounds in 24 hours then I know it's only water.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Weightloss is never linear. Learn to expect level spots and even a gain here and there.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "I have never reached my calorie deficient goal and stay atleast 300-400 cals under my goal"
    That is doing it wrong - goals are to be hit not undercut.

"No im not eating back any exercise calories"
    That is compounding your mistake - your goal is only for a day with no exercise.

Suggest you have a serious rethink about your approach and also your expectations - losing 4lbs in two weeks should not be a cause for disappointment.
  • abibi97
    abibi97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone that replied will take in key points
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it’s all water weight. I have worked out non stop and maintained a calorie deficit for two week, but never lost any weight??? Although my body looked thinner the scales didn’t corroborate any weight loss. All I could put it down to was water weight or building muscle by accident, instead of losing fat. 🧐
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: Β»
    Sometimes it’s all water weight. I have worked out non stop and maintained a calorie deficit for two week, but never lost any weight??? Although my body looked thinner the scales didn’t corroborate any weight loss. All I could put it down to was water weight or building muscle by accident, instead of losing fat. 🧐

Sadly, no one gains any noticeable amount of muscle in two weeks. I wish.

Water retention is a good theory, though. If that's it, it'll sort itself out over anything from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the cause(s).

Basic problem: One or two weeks isn't long enough to know what's actually happening, because bodies are weirder than that, unfortunately. Some premenopausal women only reach a new low weight once during each menstrual cycle, but as long as each of those new lows is a little lower than the previous one, they're losing fat. It's just that water fluctuations are hiding it on the scale in between times.

But accurate logging can be a skill that takes time and attention to develop, too. Flowchart is good. Patience is important.