Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    cppeace wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Masks are basically useless. This whole situation is government overreach. People like to mention how surgeons use them. There's actually been a study done, showing that when surgeons didn't use them patients got less infections. Masks are BS. Places legit letting prisoners out but mandating masks for the general public? Yeah, I have not and will not wear a mask.

I'd say something but I don't want to go to mfp jail. I'm still upset about the nextdoor app.

I WILL say you don't wear a mask for yourself. You do it to protect others. Whether you believe it does or not.

Sorry but no, I will not make myself dizzy from lack of fresh air for others. I also will not set myself on fire to keep you warm. You wear a mask if you wish to. That's why freedom is so great. You can choose how and what risks you are willing to take.
    Have a great day :)

You heard it here first, folks!
    Wearing a face mask over your face holes is as terrible as setting yourself on fire.
    Stay tuned for more MFP news....

If I pass out from wearing one and hit my head because people are living fear instead of free then yes I will be as dead as setting myself on fire. Such a clever fellow. Congrats lol

I'm actually curious if you have an actual medical reason for thinking that? Or are you assuming you won't be able to breath through the mask? I mean, I have a fear of tipping over and falling and cracking my head open when I go outside walking (which I do A LOT) or up and down stairs but that's because I have a huge balance problem.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    It's like having a discussion with flat earthers and climate change deniers.

Or talking to a wall.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    In before the lock !

Man you gotta get something in about masks and oxalates before it’s too late!!!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Masks are basically useless. This whole situation is government overreach. People like to mention how surgeons use them. There's actually been a study done, showing that when surgeons didn't use them patients got less infections. Masks are BS. Places legit letting prisoners out but mandating masks for the general public? Yeah, I have not and will not wear a mask.

I'd say something but I don't want to go to mfp jail. I'm still upset about the nextdoor app.

I WILL say you don't wear a mask for yourself. You do it to protect others. Whether you believe it does or not.

Sorry but no, I will not make myself dizzy from lack of fresh air for others. I also will not set myself on fire to keep you warm. You wear a mask if you wish to. That's why freedom is so great. You can choose how and what risks you are willing to take.
    Have a great day :)

You heard it here first, folks!
    Wearing a face mask over your face holes is as terrible as setting yourself on fire.
    Stay tuned for more MFP news....

If I pass out from wearing one and hit my head because people are living fear instead of free then yes I will be as dead as setting myself on fire. Such a clever fellow. Congrats lol
    If you pass out from wearing a mask, I'd be more concerned with just my health overall. Masks are breathable. And I'm betting you're not running marathons.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I have mild asthma, not that it's any of your business. Anytime in the past when I've been wearing a mask ( such as using one to cut wood for carpentry or for dust when in an attic) I've instantly noticed getting less oxygen. If I keep it on more than a few minutes I get dizzy. Don't you just sound like an elitist judging people's fitness when this is a site for improving that.
    Go look up the cases of highschool athletes passing out from being masked.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    There really is a wonderful side benefit to wearing a mask.

When I see a pretty womanz in the grocery store, I can quietly say all kinds of filth, just under my breath and she can't see my lips moving.

Plausible deniability really is good, good thing.

And you can't see their resting *kitten* face!

(Not talking from experience or anything.)

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    In before the lock !

Man you gotta get something in about masks and oxalates before it’s too late!!!

I'm thinking that staph infections are chock full of oxalates.
  • cppeace
    Options
    Here is the study about surgeons not wearing masks. It is found other places in greater detail as well. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1853618/
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    There really is a wonderful side benefit to wearing a mask.

When I see a pretty womanz in the grocery store, I can quietly say all kinds of filth, just under my breath and she can't see my lips moving.

Plausible deniability really is good, good thing.

And you can't see their resting *kitten* face!

(Not talking from experience or anything.)

No, but I can see them rolling their eyes in disgust.

In these trying times, I'll take a win wherever I can find one.
  • cppeace
    Options
    Here is info about cloth masks causing more respiratory infections back in 2015 https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150422121724.htm
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Here is the study about surgeons not wearing masks. It is found other places in greater detail as well. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1853618/

But in that same article, there is a link to a covid specific/ mask article with an entirely different outcome.

I was also a bit disappointed in your article; I was hoping there might have been a link available to a Rick Astley video.

It was also specific to the OR, which is environmentally a far-cry from like...Target.

I actually put together a long and well-though out reply then I remembered that this is the internet so I deleted it and I'm going to find some cat videos

Hahaha, cats!! They're great
  • cppeace
    Options
    Here is a cnn article when they were saying to stop buying masks and that normal people who touch their face often ( which yeah everyone I've seen wearing them has touched their mask) could be more likely to get sick. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/health/surgeon-general-coronavirus-masks-risk-trnd/index.html
This discussion has been closed.