Stop telling me you lost weight by walking and cutting out beer.

Full disclosure, I've hit a plateau in my weight loss and it had made me more than a bit salty. However I've always thought this was annoying but now just need to put it out into the universe. I am so sick of people saying they've lost forty pounds -or whatever- just by walking a few miles a day and stopped drinking their calories. I walk anywhere between ten and thirteen miles a day on average. I never drink beer, or soda, or any other 'devil drink' you can think of, I don't have mindless calories to cut out of my day. I do strength training six days a week and worked incredibly hard for every pound I've managed to lose. I get that when you look at me you think I don't move very much or that I am guzzling the calorie laden drinks when no one is looking, I understand that people think that telling someone to walk is a helpful tip to start a weight loss journey, but respectfully that doesn't work for everyone. I can't be the only person out there that rolls their eyes every time someone says 'start walking and don't drink your calories', can I?

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited September 2020