Discouraged

Options
Dakyrae
Dakyrae Posts: 18 Member
edited September 2020 in Motivation and Support
Hey you guys, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I have been trying to lose weight for 5 months, I’ve been sticking to a consistent diet and workout plan. I would weigh myself but the weight stayed the same and is still the same (250 lbs). I hope to lose 60 lbs, but it seems as if nothing is working for me. I have been keeping pictures of my journey, and unfortunately I see minor results. I need some serious help! If anyone is willing to help me and talk more to me, you can post below or add me as a friend on MFP I really would appreciate the help, I am very discouraged and need some help. I believe that I need more information, but I’m not too sure. Thank you all!! Have a great day!!

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Please make your food diary public, and if you aren't losing weight than you aren't in a calorie deficit.
    Are you using a food scale and logging everything that you eat?
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    Hey Harper! This is my first day on the app. How exactly do I make my food diary public?
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    I figured out how to make it public. From now on I will be logging everything that I eat. For the past 5 months, I have been practicing intermittent fasting. I would only eat 1,200 calories a day and would only eat between 12 pm - 6 pm.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Dakyrae wrote: »
    I figured out how to make it public. From now on I will be logging everything that I eat. For the past 5 months, I have been practicing intermittent fasting. I would only eat 1,200 calories a day and would only eat between 12 pm - 6 pm.

Best of luck with your logging. The minimum a sedentary male should be eating is 1500 calories a day. Plus you should be eating back your exercise calories.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Stick to the forums for a while @Dakyrae. You'll soon see mentions of men not going below 1,500 for calories as well as the reasoning behind it.

There's also several different men's groups and sub-threads that you may find helpful.

I hope you're able to follow along with the advice here while checking in with your own healthcare team about your goals.
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    @harper16 Thank you so much for your insight! I will be sure to eat more calories! I’m trying my hardest not to give up. It seems as if my efforts are futile, but I must keep going for the betterment of myself.
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    @MaltedTea Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to eat more calories. So far, this journey has taught me patience, a virtue that I have always had troubles with. However, I shall be patient and persistent no matter what! This is something that I really want!
  • Christory
    Christory Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dakyrae,

Keep going. YOU can do this.

Try incorporating more water, exercise and continue watching what you eat. The lbs will come off.

I lost 5 lbs a month the first two months I started and finally after six weeks I lost a half a pound, then 1.2 lbs and again 1.2 lbs. We sometimes get in a lull and all of a sudden our bodies finally kick in.

Hang in there. We are all behind you during this journey.

You got this.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hey man, tried to add you but couldnt invite for some reason. Feel free to add me
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You’ll receive lots of great advice and guidance. The key is to find what works for you.

Cornerstones in my world:

-Log everything. Data is powerful
    -Be kind to yourself if you fall short. You can’t change tomorrow but can change today
    -Recognize that time passes anyway. Tomorrow, next week, next month and certainly next year you’ll be glad you stuck with it. In other words, even if you don’t see the results you desire, a year from now you will have made some improvement versus staying the same or regressing.

• Dakyrae
    Options
    Thank you so much @Christory! I will be sure to keep going! Thank you all for the support!
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    @IronIsMyTherapy I’m about to try adding you! Thank you!
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    @WellingTX Thank you so much for your words! I will keep going!
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    @Mithridites thank you for that information and your encouragement. I will be sure to get me a kitchen scale and monitor my stats better! Thank you!
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    What @Psychgrrl said
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    Thank you @Psychgrrl! I am going to get a kitchen scale and work on accurate logging. I will also post updates. You all are amazing!