What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    edited October 2020
    charmmeth wrote: »
    This is a measuring victory, so sort of scale I suppose, but my waist is now less than half my height (88cm waist: 180cm height). I've been reading that this is a good measure of health and fitness, so this is really pleasing.

I didn't know that but you can bet I am adding it to my goals. Until now I avoided the tape measure so I wouldn't get depressed but I suspect I'm about 40 inches around the middle (can't call that a waist). Although I dread it, I am headed to my closet right now to measure so I have a baseline to work from. I'm 5'7" so I need to achieve a 33.5 inch waist. OMG I WILL BE A MOVIE STAR OR MODEL OR SOMETHING.

I was looking at jeans today and a 33.5 waist puts you into a size 12 in that brand, which is my goal size at 5'7". That was the size my mom was for most of my childhood and young adulthood, so it's probably a sensible size for me to aim for. Does thinking, "To get my waist half my height I need to wear a 12," help any? It helps me because I have just fit into a straight 16 comfortably.

I actually have never heard this!!! It helps me immensely. It looks like based on that I should end up around a size 16 ish for my 5'10 height. Well, based on LL Bean's size charts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!