To the Success Story Folks,,how much,how many and how long.....

I like to hear other peoples success stories and love before and after photos.This is just me being curious about other experiences.

So tell me,how much weight did you lose?How many calories a day did you consume? and How long did it take you to reach your goal?

Replies

• Joel_Noire
    Joel_Noire Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2020
    $deleted*
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Went from 262 lbs. to 165 lbs. (97 lbs.). I ate between 1200 - 1500 calories a day it took about 15 months. I've mostly kept it off for 5 years. 165 lbs. was just impossible to maintain. I was up around 182 lbs earlier in the year, but quarantine has helped me get back under 170 which I think is more easily maintained.
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    edited September 2020
    In the past:
    SW: 190
    Hit: 149

I was too skinny at my lowest. I was eating around 1800 when I first started and as I got smaller, I dropped to around 1600 mainly using OMAD.

Currently:

SW: 208
    CW: 197

So down 11 in 5 weeks. Eating around 2000 cals a day spaced out.

I still have a long way to go to hit my goal of 165 which is what I weighed about 4 years ago.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited September 2020
    My original SW was 89.9 kg (198 lbs) in January 2012. I lost down to 79/80kg by August that year. Gained back to 85kg in summer 2014, discovered MFP and lost to 70kg in March 2015. Looking back at my food diary, I had my calories set to 1200 but in December 2014 I was actually eating 1700-2000 per day, some days with exercise; some days without. I planned to maintain at ca. 72kg +/- about 3kg, but in reality I was gaining steadily from spring 2015 and I am not sure I every maintained at all. If I did, it was at more like 80/82 kg. Fast forward to spring 2020, and having been 81kg at Easter (I give up chocolate and alcohol for Lent so there is generally a dip in my weight around then), I was 88kg by the middle of May. I am back down to 79/80 kg at present, aiming to get to 75kg and maintain there (+/- 3kg). This time I have set my calories to 1350 and am sticking to that, but eating back exercise calories. In another month or so I shall increase that to more like 1600 and start to experiment as to what maintenance actually looks like for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Lost 40 Lbs...started at 220 and went to 180. Took about 6 to 7 months. More or less have maintained that loss for 7.5 years. On average I was eating around 2300-2500 calories per day.
  • Aardgoose
    Aardgoose Posts: 3 Member
    Height 5'9" (1.75m)
    SW: 89kg/195lb/14 stone
    CW: 67kg/147lb/10st 7lb
    GW:70kg/154lb/11st

I am sort of sedentary with work so MFP pushed me to 1500kCal/day. I followed this and started to use 'Zwift' 4 times per week on the '6 week FTP builder' workout mainly for the calorific value. It took me ca. 6 months to get to this point. I'm still trying to find a new 'normal' and not to lose too much.

I'm still keeping to the 1500kCal but more relaxed, but with an eye to what I eat. I keep with MFP and have a trigger - if I go above 70kg then it is time to start working on it.

I was not puritanical about things throughout. Every Wednesday I share a bottle of wine and some cheesy nibbles, every Sunday a cocktail and a nice (lower calorie!) meal. I had to keep telling myself "This is a marathon and not a sprint" so when I felt I had eaten far too much I could forgive myself and 'get back on the wagon'.

A combination of MFP and Zwift has been invaluable. I subscribed to both as they were both beneficial.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!