Using diet Fanta as Craving Killer

Options
Hi team, today in day 3 of being a perfect MFP alumni I had massive cravings driving back from work. I was basically tempted with stopping at my usual steakhouse and doing a classical operation consisting in mozarrella salad, steak, chips, cheese sauce, bottle of red wine and maybe even dessert.

But I was strong, managed to get home and eat a nice stewed rabbit with veggies my wife had prepared and 2 mini chunks of melon.

So the cravings were not gone so I opened a diet lemon fanta which has 3 calories as if fills me up and has almost no calories.

What do you think, is it a bad idea ?

Stay Hard!

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    I have so many questions that have nothing to do with yours. :)

3 whole days??? 😀

Nix the wine and I'm there for that steakhouse.

Er...I mean...nix the wine?

You ate Bugs Bunny??? (No judgement.)

Fanta makes a lemon flavor??

Ok, I'm done. 😀

And, I say, if the drink satisfies your craving and it helps you not give in...whatever works.
  • Lastchancetochange
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have so many questions that have nothing to do with yours. :)

3 whole days??? 😀

Nix the wine and I'm there for that steakhouse.

Er...I mean...nix the wine?

You ate Bugs Bunny??? (No judgement.)

Fanta makes a lemon flavor??

Ok, I'm done. 😀

And, I say, if the drink satisfies your craving and it helps you not give in...whatever works.

The 3 whole days was ironical as I'm such a serial starter / quitter. But hey mini milestone but at least one. Rabbit is quite good and healthy, little fat and cholesterol.

And

tgyr55cn6lqv.png
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Why do you think it would be a bad idea?
  • Lastchancetochange
    Options
    Why do you think it would be a bad idea?

Someone once told me the artificial sweetners in these drinks can in fact increase your cravings in a second step.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    My diet life would be a lot harder without Diet Coke, Diet Lilt (pineapple & grapefruit) and Diet Dr Pepper!

Nothing wrong with it at all!
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet sodas, but I have flavored water enhancers that are sweet so I am encouraged to drink more water, which helps with weight loss. If you like a diet soda, I don't see a problem with it. The bubbles fill you up, no calories, and sometimes you just can't cut EVERYTHING you like out of your diet.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that diet lemon-lime sodas seem to work as an appetite suppressant for me. I'm not sure why. Diet colas do not have the same effect. In fact, they seem to make me crave chocolate! Probably a psychological association from childhood or something.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My diet life would be a lot harder without Diet Coke, Diet Lilt (pineapple & grapefruit) and Diet Dr Pepper!

Pineapple and grapefruit sounds fabulous! I'm so jealous it's not sold in the US! I'm Team Diet Mountain Dew myself (basically citrus), but I'd love to try Diet Lilt sometime.

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    No food, or drink I’d a problem, as long as you are in a calorie deficit.