Walk to Mordor

Options
1787980818284»

Replies

• huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    And now they're celebrating my departure ;). Oh well. Off to North Undeep. Sounds like Oceania Newspeak for "shallow".
  • huntersvonnegut
    Options
    Legolas and I might go bird watching tomorrow. Maybe he'll see an eagle.
  • huntersvonnegut
    Options
    Well if I can stay on schedule, I should finish sometime in September.
  • chupacabragumbo
    chupacabragumbo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    this is the best app I've ever seen in my dang life. I just started. Only 1900+ miles left! Then I get a ride on a giant eagle, right?
  • huntersvonnegut
    Options
    It is finished. Gandalf, into your hands I commend my sneakers.
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    In 23 miles I will be attacked by Wargs.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hey everyone! So, I started using this app called Walk to Mordor and I'm loving it! So far I've walked from Hobbitton to Tookland and am now 12.42 miles away from Encounter with the Black Rider.
    With the app you log your miles (or km) and it calculates them into where you would be on the journey that Frodo and Sam took in LOTR. :) The whole journey is 1,932 miles which is gonna be over a year for me. :o
    Who wants to travel with me?
    Put the app on my phone. Now to remember to get it going when I walk.

You don't need to have it running when you walk. You just input the miles at the end of the day. :)

I am resurrecting this thread. From what I can see, one downloads the passive-total walk-to-mordor app, and at the end of the day you add in whatever total mileage was accumulated (by whatever travel style you choose, be it walking / running / rowing / biking and/or combined totals) and the app tells you how far through the book-journey you are, and how far to the next "event-milestone"

eg. Bag End: Completed :p
    Tookland: Completed
    Encounter with Black Rider: 74.78% 8.07 Miles to go.

I will be using a combo of fitbit walking/steps and stationary bike mileage. With 1,932 mile to Journey's End, I wonder if I can make it by Spring (March or April 2023)

Does anyone know if there is also a "There And Back Again" Bilbo-to-The-Lonely-Mountain-and-Back equivalent?

Right now, I am charging up the fitbit.

4exia2a19xoq.jpg

S I G H Follow-up. I don't know about the apple version, but the android app is no longer available. Guess I have to keep looking for something else.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that Nerdfitness has a Walk to Mordor 2022 setup with info on MANY things LOTR including a comprehensive set of "How Far Till .... " charts created by an author of Atlas of Middle Earth and a tracking-spreadsheet that gets rebooted every year. I will be looking to get that set up for myself before Oct 1 (my total-walk will go far into 2023 if not beyond, of course!)