Warrior Fast

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Some random dude made this up. Even he admits it’s not based on science. If you’re having fun, go ahead, but otherwise there are probably more effective ways to get results.

Given that last time I looked at it it smelled like an aggressive VLCD, you have to qualify the "effective" you're using and call it "long term effective". Because in the short term VLCD.... well... that's how you get millions of lbs lost for a day or two, rinse, lather, repeat.

To the benefit of the above link, the discussion was about an aggressive (20:4) IF protocol with no VLCD spotted during my skim read.

Some people do find IF methods of eating beneficial in controlling calories. Skipping breakfast or lunch are things I commonly do myself, even though they wouldn't be named IF.

Given the anecdotal evidence from people who try IF protocols on MFP, I would suggest a willingness to be flexible with timing in favor of sustainability while keeping in mind that it is total calories that matter for weight loss.
  • Seabassx2
    Seabassx2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It is really just a 20:4 fast..
    I'm using an app called ZOOM to track my fasting. ZOOM is basically just a fancy timer..... LOL..... not sure how long I will use it.

I started this fasting thing 4 days ago....

Fasting is a way to reduce calories, but is also a mental challenge.

My goal is to lose weight.
  • Seabassx2
    Seabassx2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ZERO no ZOOM for the fasting app.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Maybe not a useless challenge; I did the warrior diet and some longer (48 hour) fasts back when I was doing a lot of wilderness hiking/search and rescue. I wanted to know if I could function without food in an emergency.

Might be a useful skill for when the zombies come 😉
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I read the book when it first came out, only because someone had read it and told me, heh look, this guy wrote a book about how you eat.
    I was a faster by choice most of my life. His book was about fasting, so I enjoyed it.
    Is fasting magical for weigh loss? Not in my opinion. Does it have health benefits? Yes, in my opinion.
    So much research has been done about the health benefits of fasting. Many, many have been done by our US government.
    Why don’t they share these research results with the general public? There’s no money in it. Pure and simple.
    The one thing I have kept from reading the Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmekler, and still incorporate in my daily life is the breaking of your fast.
    Start with raw fruit or veges or fresh juicing.
    Then cooked vegetables. Then your protein.
    Then your carbs last. I’ve never felt healthier than when I incorporate this style of eating.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    There are thousands of different ideas that if you did them you would lose SOME weight in the beginning. What makes an idea good, or at least good enough, is whether or not it is sustainable. It is impossible to know for sure what will be and what won't be sustainable for several months if you drastically change the way you eat. You can hope you can stick with it but only time will tell.

I am not telling you this to rain on your parade but I strongly suggest you don't get so invested in this plan that you do not adapt or change if time proves this is not your answer. People lose weight eating 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and maybe more meals a day too.

This is one path. Not the only path.

Good luck.