Best fast food choices?

Specifically subway but others are welcome too!! Ordering Details appreciated :)

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I get 12ā€ veggie no cheese, no Mayo, wheat, with red wine vinegar. Half one day half the next.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    My vote is always Starbucks' Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites.

Like, 3 or 4 (basically, buying 2 pairs) is a filling meal with a moderate amount of protein, considering their small size.

Be careful if you're watching your sodium intake though (although I imagine it'd be on par with Subway in that regard)
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Zambrero (possibly other Mexican restaurants, too) . Love to get their Burrito bowl instead of burrito. Somehow, at least for me, it means I eat slower, and obviously it has less calories.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Best is subjective. What I tend to have...

Subway: ham or turkey w/ cheese on white bread. Lettuce, tomato, spinach, pickles, mustard. Or tuna w/ a few pickles.

Zaxby's: blackened blue zalad without fried onions; light vinagrette dressing. I do eat the toast.

Chic Fil A: Grilled chicken sandwich. Sometimes for a snack, grilled chicken nugget kids meal with light lemonade and fruit. Or an 8 piece regular nuggets. They had a super foods salad that I liked, but changed it and I don't care for the current version.

Waffle House: 2 scrambled eggs & 2-3 pieces of bacon. Sometimes a bowl of grits. Sometimes just 3 scrambled eggs & sliced tomatoes.

McDonalds: cheeseburger happy meal with the tiny fries and a piece of fruit. Or a filet of fish, light tartar sauce, wtih a small order of fries. (The fish & fries is NOT 'low cal' but I can make it work.)

I don't drink coffee so don't frequent Starbucks, but the egg white bites sound good!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    0 fast food for me, with the exception of Chinese food and pizza.

Also, I would never attempt to eat well eating fast food. If Iā€™m going to eat Chinese or pizza, I get what I want and eat less than I would have before I was trying to lose weight. Then track it all as best I can.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    For me, it's anything that's decently trackable. Options for high protein are a big plus.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    None for me. If I am on the go I would stop at any grocery store and get something there. Bagged salads, Avocado, fruit, To-Go olive or vegetable cups, Protein or Fruit and Nut bar. I have even gotten containers of tofu and stevia , cinnamon or spice packets. When I was a pescatarian I would get salmon, tuna or sardine packets and cans. There are literally dozens of foods that can be on the go. Many grocery stores with seafood can steam or prepare fish while you wait, maybe 5 to 7 minutes.
    I will go to Chinese restaurants if they will steam the dish, usually bean curd and vegetables with no sauce added. I have the sauce on the side. My last option of it was fast food is garden salad or plain baked potato.
    IMO there is always something to keep me on my " happy food" lifestyle šŸ˜Š
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    I personally like the Wendy's southwest chicken avocado salad! I get the half salad. Their chili is under 200 calories, too, if I remember correctly!
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Jimmy John's unwiches are decent.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Egg Mcmuffin. Delicious and 300 calories,
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    If I am being good on a naughty day I just get a hamburger with cheese and no bun or a grilled chicke lettace wrap
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like grilled chicken at subway. All the veggies (not avocado). 1/2 the cheese(or none) and easy on whatever dressing you like.
    Whataburger: grilled chicken melt, no bun, add pickles, extra extra lettuce and tomato
  • bijoubeauty
    bijoubeauty Posts: 5 Member
    A and W, you can swap out the bun and get any burger wrapped in lettuce instead.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    I like McDonalds wraps. I enjoy going to the drive thru sometimes as a break from work and just having some chill time in my car. But calories can definitely add up! A wrap with no fries and a water/ sugar free drink is under 500 cals so perfect for lunch.