Eating lifestyle change need exercise at home

Options
Hello everyone, I’m new to the forums. My life before was fast food 6-8 times per week, eating a large pizza on Saturday while watching football. You may think this is an exaggeration but I was drinking almost 2 24 packs of sodas a week as well. I decided a diet wasn’t exactly going to help and I needed to change my eating lifestyle, so I went full Mediterranean a week ago and I must say I am loving cooking at home and the Whole Foods are amazing. My current weight is 265, I want to get back to 200-210, I am 6ft tall. So my question is, I want to do some exercises that raise and lower heart rate like cardio does. I know things like sprinting then walking and sprinting again is a good one, but I need some that will also help lose waist line. I appreciate any help and comments!

Replies

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Like janejellyroll said, there's no way to remove fat from a specific part of your body. Not without surgery anyway. I found for me that for every 8-10lbs of weight I lost, I lost an inch off of my pant size. The most important thing to achieve this is the diet, which it sounds like you're doing well.

That being said, there are a lot of benefits to getting the kind of exercise you're talking about even if it doesn't necessarily help you lose weight where you want to. You'll feel better and be healthier. My advice is to find some exercises you enjoy doing, even if it's just walking/hiking. Try out some different activities to see what you'll like doing a lot of.
  • gdreeves1774
    gdreeves1774 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Get some home workout videos or check out instagram. I love MyTrainerCarmen, Drkelleyfitmomof4, linnlowes and hiitburn
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    There are lots of great options. I find Bodyfit by Amy really good.