Team Jungle Jewels (Tribal Sept) - Week 2 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 3

5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats - done
    5K - done
    Under cals - done
    Water - done

Go get 'em Jewels :wink:
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 3

4 Minute Tabata-done
    5 minute bearwalk-done
    50 Toe Touches-done
    50 Crunches-done
    100 Jumping Jack-done
    50 Burpees-done
    20 Windshield Wipers-done
    50 Split Squats - done

64 oz.- water - done
    Under Calories - done

5K - done

Also did 20 minute Kettle Bell Workout and 10 minute Boxer Babe Video (fun)

LET'S GO TEAM JUNGLE JEWELS!!! :bigsmile:
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 2/Day 3

100 jumping jacks
    50 crunches
    25 split squats
    3.5 mile walk
    1 minute bear walk

Used to dread jumping jacks but doing them as a team I feel psychologically seems easy.
    WATER - done
    UNDERCALORIES- done
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You all are doing SO good!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for being so invested in yourself and in our team!! Sounds like there are changes happening, whether it be something that people just can't put a finger on, Monica.....or the fact that you can push yourself into the 1,000+ calorie burn category, Fe.......or learning that you can absolutely KICK BUTT on a daily basis, Crystal.....or realizing that you CAN give it the extra "go" doing pygmy twice, Randi!! Or, look at our esteemed leader....injured, but still pushing through it...Jules, you're my hero!! Lorah, you're doing fantastic pushing through difficult times...I bow to your tenacity!! Jae....you are the picture of consistency....I always KNOW that I can count on you to do what the challenge is for the day, and you're always so cheerful!!! ;) Sarah...you kick butt ALL the time too...and it was so cool to find out today that you have a deployed love...I guess I didn't realize that...please send my "thanks" to your hero!! ;) Renu....you proved to me today that you are IN this....pushing yourself despite your knees...just be careful with that!! We KNOW you're going for it..and it will benefit you in the long run!!!

We truly are priceless jewels!!!

Hugs all 'round!!!!

Thanks for all the motivation! It means a lot :)
    I am DETERMIND this week will be for the better.
    My friend who was in the accident is looking better and better - her breathing tubes will be out soon. She had kidney surgery which was a complete success - now I think its more or less getting bones in place and healing. It will be a long road for her - but I am hoping she will be back in the local hospital soon (though we live in a city of 80,000ppl - the hospital was not equipt for her needs and she is currently an hour away). A bunch of us from work want to drive up to visit her. I also work with her mom, sister, and fiance - her sister was back to work today but the other two havent left her side.
    I am helping my neighbour cope with her break up - which she is doing pretty well considering. I am proud of her for being so strong - but she knows that she is better off without him.

And now for today!!

4 Minute Tabata-done
    5 minute bearwalk-done
    50 Toe Touches-done
    50 Crunches-done
    100 Jumping Jack-done
    50 Burpees-done
    20 Windshield Wipers-done
    50 Split Squats - done

water- over
    cals - under

I also did a 12 minute interval run - plus 6 minutes on the stepper. I did some strength training at the gym also.
    Ive got two more shifts in my lonnng stretch of days. I dont even know how many I have been in for anymore... I think last Tuesday was my last day off. I can hardly wait :)
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    4 Minute Tabata
    20 Burpees
    50 Crunches
    50 Toe Touches
    50 Jumping Jacks
    20 Windshield Wipers
    5 minute bearwalk (broken up)
    50 Jumping Jacks
    25 Split Squats
    5 planks 30 sec
    Baseball slide get up with no hands 8x,
    30 Jumping Jacks
    5 wall squats 30 sec
    10 Burpees
    25 Split Squats
    50 Crunches
    20 Burpees

not fun
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    ps food under, water over
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks, 100 crunches, 50 split squats, 1 min bear walk (I doubled up on the crunches and split squats today!)
    3 mile walk (60 min)
    10 min on elliptical

under calories and over water

My feet hurt tonight!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - Done
    4 min Tabata
    5 minute bearwalk,
    50 Toe Touches,
    50 Crunches,
    100 Jumping Jacks,
    50 Burpees,
    20 Windshield Wipers,
    50 Split Squats -I didn't jump

8 glasses water
    under calories

I'm tired ya'll!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jill! I needed that motivation!! You cheerleader you!! You are pretty awesome yourself!!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Is it my imagination or did the energy wane a bit today?? Everyone ended their blurb with something to the effect of being tired today....guess what....*I* am TOO!!! I think it's the fact that I had about 5 hrs sleep over a period of 2 nights and it's cool and rainy here. I muddled through a small workout, did the challenge exercises, and that's all I could muster today!! Ready to hit sandman land now...might get more than a couple of hours tonight...heaven!!

Also, under on food and over on water....I always KNOW I can do the day's challenges...even if it's with my eyes half closed!! :tongue:

Despite all the "tireds" ya'll still did a spectacular job tonight.....jewels are sparkling!! But this diamond is headed off to bed.....snooooooooore!!!! Ummm....I don't really snore.....I don't think........ hee, hee!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good hot day .. boy triple digits aren't fun :glasses:

Here are my stats :

Pygmy Tribal Week 2/Day 3
    112oz H2O and Under Cals
    1 minute bear walk 1 min
    100 Jumping Jacks 2.5 min
    50 Crunches 1 min
    25 Split Squats 2.5 min
    1.5 mile walk 45 min
    Swimming Breaststroke 30 min

*hugs to all* :drinker:

Oh and Jill... Move over.. Amethyst close behind and I snore :laugh:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jill! I needed that motivation!! You cheerleader you!! You are pretty awesome yourself!!

I second that.. JULES and JILL are the best captains EVERRRRR!

Thanks Gals.. YOU ROCK! :wink:
  • TunsiAmeri
    TunsiAmeri Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot! I was in bed and was like OMG!

Week 2 - Day 3

5 minute bearwalk,
    100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 100 Split Squats - done

everything else done and under and over where needs to be!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    GOOD MORNING STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL JEWELS

How are we all feeling?? Tired or full of beans? It is normal to feel tired after the first week - keep with it, keep persevering and you will work through the tiredness and come out stronger :wink: It is fantastic that we have 'bonded' so well as a team and encourage each other :happy: So far we have won points EVERY day (woohoo!!) and have not failed a task!!! A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO US !!!

So, for today -

PYGMY TRIBE - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    AND
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge - Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

BUSHMEN TRIBE (Advanced) - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    AND
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge - Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Keep going strong Jewels - together we can and WILL beat this challenge!

Hugs
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I second that.. JULES and JILL are the best captains EVERRRRR!

Thanks Gals.. YOU ROCK! :wink:

Awwww...shuckie derns......thanks....YOU guys are making this SO easy for Jules and I!!! Cheers to you!! :drinker:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    For any techno-minded Jewels -

Tabata video and timers:

http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/tabata-videos-and-tabata-timers-young.html

:tongue:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    For any sore-Jewels -

An answer for your muscle soreness! http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=o1MSTDIBAAA.CEPO7rLCXmuh66lKoHuZIA.WMq0HGBeWcHcGHDxCeWWGw&postId=8162081983086878488&type=POST
    This should help you with those sore muscles!

:drinker:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Week 2/Day 4 -

3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups - done!
    Under cals - done!
    Water - So over!
    5k - walked!

:wink:
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    4 Min Tabata
    3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses,
    3 sets of 21’s,
    3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s,
    3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers,
    40 Lunges,
    3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks,
    3 sets of 15 Woodchops,
    20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Heading to derby practice now!

Water and calories will be done (if not I’ll let you know)

The arm exercise are easier for me, yesterday I nearly quit (again). I chose a Tabata that had squat thrusts…surprisingly. I really want to defeat those burpees!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 2/Day 4
    30 -swimmer presses
    30 woodchops
    30- lawnmovers
    30- 21's
    30 minutes walking- more than 1 mile
    under calories- done
    water- done

Will attempt a few exercises from bushman series tomorrow.