Meat fish and egg free meals

Options
Anyone with any nice recipes

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    I don't do recipes, I just cook. Here are a couple of easy things I like:

Ezekiel tortilla, smoked tofu, thin-sliced onion, mustard, sauerkraut, folded taco-style and heated. (If it's raw sauerkraut, heat before adding that to coddle the probiotics.)

Edamame fettuchine or black bean spaghetti cooked, then mixed with stir-fried veggies of choice, with a sauce of peanut butter powder (PB2 or another brand), chile paste (a type without fish sauce in it), and rice vinegar (or any other mild vinegar. Some chopped raw green onions on top are nice, too, or a little toasted sesame oil in the sauce if you have the calories. For one serving of sauce, I'd be using one serving of the peanut butter powder, maybe half a tablespoon of chile paste, then enough vinegar to make it easy to mix with the veggies & pasta.

Either of these are protein-rich, vegan, easy to make, and should make good contributions to daily nutrition. Tastes differ, but I personally find them tasty and filling.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    balfeym wrote: »
    Anyone with any nice recipes

This is a job for Google. It can give you a large number of options that you can sort through and find ones you might like while more importantly avoiding ones you probably won't. We can suggest some but since you have not said anything about the kind of food you like we would be shooting in the dark.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    So...vegetarian?

Here are more than 8,000 recipes; only you will know if they are "nice" or not:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/87/everyday-cooking/vegetarian/
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I live on salads, roasted veggies, and homemade vegetable soup. Into the salads, I'll put black beans or edamame or tofu or other legumes or grains. I'll use lemon juice for salad dressing or sometimes hummus. Also throw in nuts and fruit. Sometimes either the salad or the roasted veggies get rolled up in a wrap (I use Tumaro) for variety. Breakfast is a combo of cooked bulgur & cooked steelcut oats with lots of stuff in it and can be moistened with almond milk. I'm not a "foodie" in that I can eat the same thing day after day, so boredom isn't really an issue. I haven't touched a mammal in almost 30 years (gave up chicken more recently than that) and am used to finding enough to eat just fine without those.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options
    I live on salads, roasted veggies, and homemade vegetable soup. Into the salads, I'll put black beans or edamame or tofu or other legumes or grains. I'll use lemon juice for salad dressing or sometimes hummus. Also throw in nuts and fruit. Sometimes either the salad or the roasted veggies get rolled up in a wrap (I use Tumaro) for variety. Breakfast is a combo of cooked bulgur & cooked steelcut oats with lots of stuff in it and can be moistened with almond milk. I'm not a "foodie" in that I can eat the same thing day after day, so boredom isn't really an issue. I haven't touched a mammal in almost 30 years (gave up chicken more recently than that) and am used to finding enough to eat just fine without those.

Well, that sounds lonely. :'(