Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Feel good at 1500 calories

Options
nasr25
nasr25 Posts: 214 Member
Now I am not saying I can’t eat more but I feel satiated around that many calories. Let me explain I am someone who can not go without soda. I have tried to quit many times before but always give in. Recently I have been drinking diet sodas and making homemade ice teas with zero calorie sweetener. Before doing this I would consume an average of 450 calories in drinks alone. But now I am at zero. Now the issue is do I go over this 1500 calories or do I stay there for the time being. I was thinking of adding some snacking to get me to 1800 calories to avoid issues. Maybe things will change it’s only been two weeks since the change to zero calorie drinks maybe the hunger will come back and that will decide it for me. Has anyone had the same experience?

Replies

• nasr25
    Options
    By the way I am a male 28 years 5’10” that’s why I believe I should consume more I know for a female 1500 would not be that bad but for me it would be the bare minimum. I also have a lot to lose. 80 pounds to be exact. So I can eat more and still hit two pounds a week.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    nasr25 wrote: »
    By the way I am a male 28 years 5’10” that’s why I believe I should consume more I know for a female 1500 would not be that bad but for me it would be the bare minimum. I also have a lot to lose. 80 pounds to be exact. So I can eat more and still hit two pounds a week.

Then go ahead and eat more. Why make it harder than it has to be, and risk unnecessary muscle loss, etc.?
  • nasr25
    Options
    You are right I think it’s just the idea of getting to my goals faster while I am not feeling any hunger. I just look it like hey I am still getting the same nutrition since 1500 and 1950 is the same except without the empty calories. It’s just my brain trying to justify my decision.
  • nasr25
    Options
    Yeah that makes sense I’m going to up my calories today to 2000 and just go from there. I do an average of 3.5 to 4 miles walking a day which gives me about 300 calories extra. That and my TDEE is 2700 so 2700+300=3000. At 2000 I should still get 2 pound weight loss in theory.