Cold Lunch Ideas -- Meal Prep

Options
I have a ton of ideas for things to meal prep that can be microwaved at the office.

What about some ideas for COLD meal prep lunches we can pack that require no reheating and will last in fridge for 4-5 days.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    chicken, egg, or tuna salad with crackers
    hard boiled or deviled eggs
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Not sure about 4-5 days, but I regularly make a huge salad that does me for 3 lunches. I just add a different protein to the lunch box, each day.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Every day my lunch consists of 2 servings of cottage cheese and a danon light n fit yogurt. 300 calories
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    I’m not sure most things will last 5 days. But I take salad when I go to the office.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Adult lunchable type meals. Pre-portioned cheese, meat and fruit and/or veggies. Then add nuts or crackers.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I assuming you mean that the ingredients will last 4-5 days and then you'll use them to prep? Because honestly most things that have been prepped/cooked and then stored in the fridge I find tend to go a little manky after 3 days. I normally do my lunch prep in the morning.

I'm a big fan of bento style meals that I can make in the morning. Normally this consists of rice (sometimes cooked in advanced, sometimes cooked in the morning), left over meat or egg (often boiled, sometimes like an omelette), and either cooked veg (normally left over) or a salad.

Of course, right now I cba so I'm making sandwiches in the morning.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I prep in the morning as well.
    Today it's a couple of cream crackers, I weighed some salmon salad, some pickles and a boiled egg.

It's usually some variation of the above. Ie cucumber, tomato, cold chicken, cold mackerel. Basically some protein, some salady things and a little carb.

This is a favourite of mine as well: https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/egg_rolls_46445
    Can be eaten hot or cold.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    A couscous type salad is nice cold: couscous with veggies, nuts (for example almond flakes) and/or legumes (for example chickpeas) and possibly even a bit of dried fruit (apricot for example).
    With a boiled egg or two on the side, for extra protein.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Deli meat in tortilla with some type of sauce, cheese and veggies.
    Hummus with veggies.
    Yogurt.
    Hard boiled egg.
    I make juicy stovetop chicken and sometimes eat leftovers cold in a tortilla (may not last 5 days, but 3 days it will).
  • Rannoch3908
    Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So far all our meals we've made have lasted from Sunday (made them) to Friday (eat last one).

Meatloaf with veggies and mash
    Chili (with sour cream and cheese in little cups)
    Korean beef with rice and brocoli
    Sausage links with chopped veggies
    Sausage links with cauliflower mash and veggies