the break-up diet

Options
Anyone gone through it? Sucks not being able to eat.. can't even eat something small without throwing it up. I've gone through this once before and lost 30lbs in a month.. even though I'd love that weightloss.. its not healthy and not fun! Any advice? Lol

Replies

• pazzescauna1
    pazzescauna1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Read the book "Why Men Love B*tches." (But actually spell out the word) It will lift you up a bit, and put a different perspective on some things. My ex and I broke up after 5 years and he married the first 240 lb girl that looked his way. Do yourself a favor-- don't lose sleep or calories over it. Life goes on. You're probably too good for him anyway.
  • Jconner30
    Options
    When I got rid of my X, I started to eat Healthy and the weigh came off the right way. Everyone told me that when I walked out the door, I lost 500 pounds instantly (and that was just how much her *kitten* weighed) hahahahaha!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    yes, been there. Sorry you're going through it. I actually started working out to burn of some anxiety/anger stuff that was going on...helped, but took a while, then I was hooked (on exercise).

Hang in there. It does get better.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    When I am feeling down I have found some high intensity exercise helps me feel better. It'll also help stimulate your appetite - just remember that when you eat, eat the good stuff - your body is a temple and you are worth it!
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me last year. Thats how my weight loss initially started. I lost 2 stone that way. It's not easy, but you will get through it I promise, and like pazzescauna1 says.. you're probably too good for him anyway x
    Feel free to add :smile:
  • rbloedow
    rbloedow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever lost weight was after a breakup. I caught my SO cheating, so I wanted to make them see what they had missed - lol.

100lbs later, I finally got over feeling angry.....and gained it all back :O The lesson: lose weight for yourself, not out of spite or revenge :P
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I lost about 25 pounds in two weeks on that diet.

Sometimes I wish the current boyfriend would leave me for a month or so just to get me to my goal. lol

It does suck, but it passes. And you'll be thinner for it, right?
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Anyone gone through it? Sucks not being able to eat.. can't even eat something small without throwing it up. I've gone through this once before and lost 30lbs in a month.. even though I'd love that weightloss.. its not healthy and not fun! Any advice? Lol

It must be a girl thing :D

Before I get called an *kitten*, I've had my share of breakups, ones that were my fault and ones that weren't.. But I've still always been able to eat w/ out throwing up.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish the current boyfriend would leave me for a month or so just to get me to my goal. lol

It does suck, but it passes. And you'll be thinner for it, right?

Nice!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie I just want to give you a big hug. I am so sorry you are going through that. I've been there too. It sucks. Then I turned to food as a comfort and well....that did not do me any good either. I wish I had some great fix for you but I don't. Hang in there. Time will heal and you will get through this. :flowerforyou:
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My past two breakup I gained weight.. reason i gained all the weight in the first place. My first and this breakup has me down and out lol. It does suck, definitely not worth it. Maybe after the depressed stage ill get on track being a lot healthier.
  • rml_16
    Options

It must be a girl thing :D

Before I get called an *kitten*, I've had my share of breakups, ones that were my fault and ones that weren't.. But I've still always been able to eat w/ out throwing up.

Not "a girl thing." I know men who couldn't eat when depressed and women who ate everything in sight. It's an individual person thing.
  • deepbluesea
    Options
    i know what you are going through! Last year, I went through a painful break up (that also included betrayal and the lying of a so called 'friend' of mine.. after two and half years of dating this guy) There were times I thought I would never get over him (not to mention the added pain i felt because my 'friend' was now dating him).. but you know what? Just like all things, it finally passed and so will this for you. Every time you start to feel that pain, go for a walk or get on the treadmill.. in other words, do something active and let your body release those feel good endorphines. This should also cause an increase in appetite allowing you to eat without getting sick. Do not give in to the emotion and self destruct, instead turn that energy into something healthy and productive for yourself (exercise). Hang in there.. you WILL get through it! I know things like this are hard but keep in mind that it will pass and take care of yourself. Come back and keep posting :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My past two breakup I gained weight.. reason i gained all the weight in the first place. My first and this breakup has me down and out lol. It does suck, definitely not worth it. Maybe after the depressed stage ill get on track being a lot healthier.

One thing I have done in the past is remember this..

It wasn't your first breakup. You got over the others. You moved on from the others. So move on from this.

Now that's easier said than done. But it really shouldn't consume much of your life at this point.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Your losing your "happy weight" the weight most people put on when the get comfortable in a relationship. If you can't eat for fear of throwing up, at least drink a protein shake or two to keep your body energized.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Your losing your "happy weight" the weight most people put on when the get comfortable in a relationship. If you can't eat for fear of throwing up, at least drink a protein shake or two to keep your body energized.

When I was going through this, I could barely get out of bed. I barely passed the classes I was taking in college at the time because I couldn't do the homework (thank goodness for easy professors and incompletes that change when you finally CAN do it).

I digress.

I didn't eat ANYTHING solid for two straight weeks. I lived on apple cider. At the time, I worked at a kind of halfway house for juvenile delinquent teenage girls and part of my job required me to every once in a while do take-downs of adrenaline-filled teenagers who were twice my size.

Even without eating for all that time, I was able to do that more than once.

I'm not saying it's healthy to not eat for a long period of time, but you'll get your appetite back soon and this short period won't make much of a difference in your overall health and energy. If you feel sick at the idea of food, you won't be able to get down "a protein shake or two." It doesn't work that way.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Go easy on yourself. This is a process...allow yourself to go through all the stages. Do your best with your eating or not eating. But don't add one more thing to get down on yourself right now. Do things that help you feel better...I have been getting my nails done. I might go for a facial. ;) Surround yourself with supportive friends. Journal. Come up with some strategies for when you start to obsess (that one came from my counselor)...I have a couple of friends I pray for when I am done obsessing about stuff I can't control.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Set alarms for snacking and eat then (veggies, hummus, healthy snacks) and maybe run when you feel stressed. Helps like woah in my opinion.
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

One thing I have done in the past is remember this..

It wasn't your first breakup. You got over the others. You moved on from the others. So move on from this.

Now that's easier said than done. But it really shouldn't consume much of your life at this point.

It depends on if you saw this one and any others as only temporary. People deal with emotions in different ways. Personally I think when you loose someone, if your blood dosen't run cold and you feel like you are going to be sick, you never loved them.

I guess your approach is tough love. However it will consume as much of your life as it wants if you are heartbroke. To the OP, just hold on and know it gets better!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

I have been in failed relationships many times but I never experienced that. Life has to go on dear & soon you will find the One that's right for you.