What’s The Real Deal With Bacon???

13»

Replies

• mrstwinkelpleck
    mrstwinkelpleck Posts: 8 Member
    If someone tells you not to eat bacon 🥓 don’t listen 👂 they are the devil. Just kidding. I eat bacon several times a week. I do a low carb diet so I eat a lot of meat. Bacon 🥓 would be something I could not give up ever.
  • cwaller7
    cwaller7 Posts: 25 Member
    If someone tells you not to eat bacon 🥓 don’t listen 👂 they are the devil. Just kidding. I eat bacon several times a week. I do a low carb diet so I eat a lot of meat. Bacon 🥓 would be something I could not give up ever.

Haha you got me for a second 😂
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    The nitrates in some hams and bacon are carcinogenic. But there are brands that don't use nitrates to preserve, such as naked bacon

Not familiar with that brand, but don't be fooled with the ones that say no nitrates EXCEPT for those naturally occurring in celery juice. Nitrates are nitrates no matter where they extract them from.

Naked bacon's don't have any nitrates.

You can also buy things like Parma ham which are preserved only with salt
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    sal10851 wrote: »
    Stop counting macros and eat low calorie dense foods that will keep you full and satiated throughout the day. The Anabolic Diet by Greg Doucette is by far the most sustainable approach to fitness and nutrition by far. He has a YouTube channel where he explains it better. Go check it out and thank me first for telling you then you can thank him when you no longer have to worry about dieting again!

What is sustainable has almost nothing to do with food and almost everything to do with habits and food relationship.

I am glad you are excited but keep in mind that MANY long term unsustainable things can be tolerated for a few weeks or a few months. I am not saying this is one of them but you should always be prepared to adapt.

Well I've lost 60 pounds and grown my lean body mass exponentially while being in a deficit. I'm never hungry always satiated and I don't go to the gym. I do push ups and arm curls and 30 minutes of cardio. Sure you can adapt to different food options but the principals of the diet is what keeps you in check. I'm seriously shocked at how misinformed this community is and I thought this was a weight loss and fitness community. People just want to be coddled and told that they healthy at every size and that they can eat what they want and lose weight. There's many roads to losing weight but how many can keep the weight off for good? Why are the odds so in my favor?
  • When I asked about your cholesterol, I meant in your blood. That’s the only part of eating 4 strips of bacon a day that I’d be concerned about is whether the cholesterol is building up in your body.
    From my perspective, bacon is a delicious addition to any meal that I eat in moderation — once or twice a month.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    I like bacon but there is a lot of research saying that processed meats are not particularly good for you, so I try not to eat too much. I do have a couple of rashers once a week or so. Having bacon 6 days a week does sound like a lot, there might be healthier options. Everything in moderation.