5'7"-5'8" ladies. what's YOUR goal???

Options
13»

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'7" medium build and my goal is to get to about 140 :bigsmile: In saying that as I get closer I will adjust that number to higher/lower if it does/doesn't suit my build :wink:

At 140 this is my stats :heart: somewhere in the mid is good for me :smile:

Your BMI is: 21.9
    Target weight range: 118.1 - 159.6 lbs

I did get to 158 which is a healthy range but felt I still had a few problem spots :blushing: working on getting back there again :grumble:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" w/ small frame and my goal was 130lbs. I reached that in April and trying to gain muscle at the moment so i'm 135lbs now. I'm not really that fussed anymore about what I weigh as long as I look healthy and toned, although 130-140 sounds good, give or take a few lbs.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    5'7, 110-115 lbs. Yeah, that's really skinny. I'm doing it the healthy way and it's because I want to be a model, and unfortunately that's how thin you gotta be so. you do what you have to, ya know?
  • Maid4richie
    Maid4richie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'9" and my goal weight is 170 i feel i looked good there before i had my second kiddos but who knows how i will look at that weight this time around . I love being curvy and having a fuller figure . Truly it all comes down to how you feel in your own body i see alot of women whos starting weight is my goal weight and i worry i am not aiming low enough but then i look at the way i am built and shake that thought away :)

add if you want more support i am on daily and always good for a motivating word or 2
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    155. Two reasons: it's 100 lbs less than my highest weight and it's about what I weighed the only time that I've ever been in shape.
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    I'm actually 5'9", but I'm aiming to lose around 150 lbs. I began this journey around 297 lbs.
  • moreaudrey
    moreaudrey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 135-140. About 10 ago I was around 120 but that was just too scrawny - I was all ribs and collarbones. Now I'm 165 and while I wouldn't mind having that problem now, I think I look better when I've got a bit more meat on my bones. Just not THIS much meat, LOL!
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and at my goal of 132lb. :happy:
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i am 5' 7, and my goal is 140. i am now 146, and have so far lost 36 lb, so im getting there :happy:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8in and would love to be 9st 7lbs (133lbs) but realistically would be happy with 10st 7lbs (147lbs). I was 9st 7lbs until I was 25 and have quite a small frame but when I look at the numbers, 50lbs feels like a hell of a lot to lose and a long way away! Trying to focus on 7lbs at a time.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    5'8" and my goal is 155 or 160. As a lot of people have already said, I'm curvy and I still want some there when all is said and done!
  • jLAVA82
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my current goal is 160...I would really love to go to 140 but...I don't know - that might be a pipe dream!! :)

When I first started reading this thread I was shocked! 115? 120? But as I read on I was happy to see that there were some curvier ladies posting too! I also realized that although we may be similar heights, all our body shapes are different too. It's interesting to see what other people's goals are but don't get discouraged if your goal weight is higher than those low ones! We're all beautiful!

Good luck!
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I hate the term 'anorexically skinny'. Not all people with eating disorders are scary skinny!

Anyways, I'm 5'7 and my goal is also 115! I'm 120 right now, so not too much longer. Originally my goal as 135, back when I was at my HW, but as I got thinner I realized the way my body holds fat sucks, so I have to be at a relatively low weight in order to look "normal"
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    The low end of the HEALTHY scale for 5'8" is 121, probably a good Idea to shoot for 125 to have a few lbs wiggle room. So 1 illness doesn't drop you dangerously low.

I'm 5'7" I just switched my goal from 150 to 145. Ideally I'd like to get to 141, but don't know how big a trade off that will be for the type of lifestyle I'd like to live. I don't want food or dieting to be the focus of my life.

I want to be strong enough to go camping and boating and hiking and do lots of other fun stuff. So much more fun now that I fall comfortable in the HEALTHY BMI RANGE .

If I'm right, the OP is a dancer, and they usually are at lower weights. Also, the BMI doesn't really take frame size into account. My wrist is 5 1/4 inches around, which makes my frame smaller than small for my height, haha. Everyone holds weight differently :) But for most people, you should stick to the BMI range, I'm just a mutant ;) haha
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and want to be 140 :) Well, I just want to look good in a bikini soo I guess numbers don't really matter. Why did you choose your goal weight?

I completly agree with you girl! Im 5'7 and Im shooting for 140 though I plan to re evaluate at that time to see what I really want. My friend is 5/5 and 135 and she looks great! she has boobs and a butt and curves!!! Thats what I want so who knows about the number
  • passionbee
    passionbee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'7" and my current goal is 136lbs. This is the goal myself and my gym trainer set. This would have me losing 50lbs.

After reaching that goal, I'd like to get below 130lbs. My frame is a medium build and when I have been the most comfortable and in my opinion looked the best was right around 128lbs.
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    The most important thing to remember is that everyone's body is different. :) one 5'8" girl could carry 140 extremely well and another 5'8" girl could look sloppy at 140.

Someone a couple inches shorter than us (5'8 & 3/4" according to latest physical) could easily look great at 10-15 lbs less than us. But this is not about judging others goals, it's about healthy lifestyle. :)

As for the original poster, you need to focus on eating healthy. You're obviously getting wonderful exercise (former competitive tap and kick-liner here) dance is amazing for the body. You do need to make sure that you're getting enough nutrients and enough healthy fats. If your lung function and body checks out well with your MD, I wouldn't worry about going lower on the scale.
    It's time to stop losing when you don't have the necessary strength and endurance you need to function. Focus on wholesome, non processed foods, fruits, veggies, lean proteins and milk!

Everyone is different, with different goals, histories, and genetics. I personally was never built for ballet. I'm just too big. My goal weight currently is 165, but as I get closer to that number I'm going to re-evaluate. I might feel my best at 170. You never know. I hope everyone has success :)
  • char2009
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'8 and weigh 157 right now. my goal weight is 150 but I wouldn't mind seeing how I would look at around 145. (my husband doesn't think 145 would look good on me. my ribs stick out alot right now already)
  • gnatseyelashes
    gnatseyelashes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Goal: 14% (or so) Body Fat

I'm 5'8" and weigh 142. My body fat percentage is 28%. I have a very small frame.
    I prefer to watch my measurements and most importantly body fat percentage.
    I'm a competitive athlete and felt really good at 14% body fat, so for me right now, I am
    overweight. I feel sluggish and it's difficult for me to do my stuff with this extra 20 lbs
    on board.

I don't recall at what weight my BF% is 14%, but I *think* it's around 120 - 125. When I
    get there I'll let you know. The important thing is to feel healthy and have lots of stamina
    for my sports.