Curcumin. Anyone have experience with diff brands and how much one should take?

Options
So I want to start taking Curcumin for inflammation but of all the information available, that I have come across is a bit convoluted. And what kind of standardized figures should I be looking for on a label?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    What kind of chronic inflammation do you have? Have you discussed treatments with a doctor?

Curcumin by itself is not absorbed very well. Based on examine.com, it recommends a dose of 500mg with 20mg of black pepper extract 3x a day.
  • naturegirldebbie
    naturegirldebbie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some Smarter Turmeric Curcumin. My cousin, who is a stone mason, called it a miracle drug. He was in so much pain recently that he planned to retire. He said he's nearly pain free now.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,367 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    What kind of chronic inflammation do you have? Have you discussed treatments with a doctor?

Curcumin by itself is not absorbed very well. Based on examine.com, it recommends a dose of 500mg with 20mg of black powder extract 3x a day.

I think you meant black PEPPER extract...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

Curcumin by itself is not absorbed very well. Based on examine.com, it recommends a dose of 500mg with 20mg of black powder extract 3x a day.

I think you meant black PEPPER extract...

LMFAO. You mean they can't use gun powder 😉