Food Scale Recommendations?

Apparently, I killed my food scale around 3 a.m. yesterday morning (death by Lysol). Note to self: do not attempt to cure insomnia by housecleaning.

I loved my Perfect Portions scale and am having separation anxiety. That said, before I order a new one, what scales are you using and how do you like them?

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XZKBSDJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love this one. Ordered it for the house a few months ago, and moved the house-scale to the office.

It takes batteries but also charges by USB cord. So no emergency of battery dies and you have to worry to find another in the middle of making dinner. Just plug it in!

It is high capacity and can handle up to 33 pounds. So it can handle my heaviest pots, dishes, pans. I make a note of the weight of the pot, then when the meal is done: I weigh the total and subtract the weight of the pot. I don't have to transfer the food out to get a total weight.

$20-ish is a little pricey for a food scale, since you can find them for $10-15. But I think the high capacity and USB charge ability are worth it.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,089 Member
    @nanastaci2020, this looks great and I love the USB option! (Plus I have an Amazon gift card to use.) Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    @nanastaci2020, this looks great and I love the USB option! (Plus I have an Amazon gift card to use.) Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Glad I could help! My 'old' kitchen scale was a regular capacity one - I think 11 pounds? Which is enough for having at work. I don't do cooking or weigh pots & pans in the office.