BuhBye 50 lbs - PICS included

Options
degobah
degobah Posts: 55 Member
I am officially half way towards my goal of losing 100 lbs. and right on track towards losing 10 lbs. per month. My weight loss has been very consistent, as I have been very consistent with my diet and workouts.

My weekly goal is to have a net average of 1,000 calories per day (or 7,000 calories per week). Six days a week I consume about 1,500 calories and burn between 600-1,200 calories. Sundays I will pig out with family and friends and consume whatever left over calories (fewer than 7,000) I have from that week. Usually by Sunday my total net calories are about 4,000… leaving me 3,000 to enjoy beer, pizza, wings, etc.

I start the morning off with a banana protein shake, followed by cardio. I either head to the gym and run the elliptical, or take my black lab to the park and run/walk keeping my heart rate fluctuating. At the gym, I sit my IPad on the elliptical and play chess, which dramatically helps past the time. At the park, I use an IPhone app called iMapMyRun, which tracks your MPH and maps your route on Facebook. In the evening, I enjoy an hour playing the Xbox Kinect Boxing… which I have to be honest, is the most amazing interval training I’ve ever actually enjoyed. I have to towel the sweat off my TV after every workout LOL.

People started noticing the weight loss around 30 lbs. After that, I usually get at least 1 compliment a day. I’ve also managed to minimize my sodium and cholesterol to half the recommended amount. My blood pressure and cholesterol were very high 4 months ago. I’m excited to go back to the doctor next month and see the change.

Thank you to all my amazing MFP friends that help keep me motivated everyday! And of course... Thank you MFP! You helped make this a fun and very successful journey!

front-5-month-ssm.jpg

side-5-month-ssm.jpg

Replies

• Visser1971
    Options
    Great job Bill!
  • Leola2011
    Options
    That's what's up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Can't believe what 50 lbs looks like. You look great.. keep up the great work! :)
  • brendawesome
    Options
    This is awesome and worth celebrating! Congrats. AND thanks for sharing, your story is very encouraging to me.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The side picture made me say OMG out loud!
  • mj_zepeda
    mj_zepeda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    wow!!! keep it up!!!!:drinker: :happy:
  • kdub_nyc
    kdub_nyc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's a big difference - good for you!
  • blondski
    blondski Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ^5
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Amazing the difference 50lbs makes, congrats!!
  • anda2oo5
    Options
    Congratulations!!! you look amazing!
  • cladou2
    cladou2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Look at you!!! You have just transformed not only your body but your LIFE!!! Those pictures say a lot, it shows just what you are capable of with patience, determination, and consistency!! Great Job and I know you can lose those next 50 lbs. Friend me and keep me posted!!!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Absolutely AMAZING!! Keep it up I am not as disciplined as you but I am a little more than halfway to my goal of 100lbs down too! It is extremely hard and you are just AMAZING!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wow.....you are doing it!!!
    your side view tells it all......keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Especially dramatic with the belly fat! You're doing fantastic.
  • Way to go! :) I want my hubby to see this. He is at where you were at when you started. Great results! :)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OMG your face, and core look AMAZING...Hey you're missing something...MAN-BOOBS!!! YAY for you!:drinker:
  • runningmom1977
    Options
    Nice! Awesome changes!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    OH WOW!!! That is amazing. Way to go. :drinker:
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! keep up the good work!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Wow! It certainly came off exactly where you want it to! You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!