Feeling frustrated

Options
I have restarted my weight loss effort after gaining weight back during lockdown.

So back in 2017 I did a great job of losing weight over the year using MFP, dropping from 67kg to 54kg. In the years after I crept back to 58kg and then stayed there. I was ok with that. But during lockdown I have crept up to just over 60kg, my hard stopping point. I have been making an effort for the last week but so far nothing has come off on the scales and I’m feeling frustrated. I know how to do this. I know how to weigh my food etc. I really need to see that figure on the scale decrease to keep up my motivation to stay in a deficit.

Replies

• ageingtechno
    ageingtechno Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    You have such a narrow margin of lard to shift, 6kg, it will be marginal losses you will see in return for what seems like LOTS of effort. Frankly, it will be a pain in the ar5e. The question is, do you want to be shuffling around with those 6kg, or honour and mirror your previous success and shed it?
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, you probably won’t see progress each week. You will just have to be patient.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    Stick with it!
    Consistency is what will get you to where you want to be.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    You've done this before, so you know weight loss is not predictable. One week is too short a time frame for guaranteed scale results even when doing it all right.
  • ChristyBryant1
    ChristyBryant1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Give it more time. Ask yourself how do I feel?Be good to you and keep going,
  • Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I know logically that one week isn’t much but it really helps to here this from others. I let my cravings and boredom get the better of me this afternoon, but I shall pick up again with renewed effort!
  • ageingtechno
    ageingtechno Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tania_181 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I know logically that one week isn’t much but it really helps to here this from others. I let my cravings and boredom get the better of me this afternoon, but I shall pick up again with renewed effort!

Brush your teeth if you have a craving, then drink a glass of water. Works for me (when like you, i am not encumbered by poor commitment). Get stuck in!
  • michelleh9963
    michelleh9963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'd like to lose 20lbs. I've tried so many things in the last 6 months with little results so I'm ready to give up and just accept myself for how I am. I think we all need to acknowledge the other wins we have, rather than the number on the scale. Are you eating heathy, adding in more activity, etc? Good! that's what is good for us; not always the number on the scale.
  • Tania_181
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'd like to lose 20lbs. I've tried so many things in the last 6 months with little results so I'm ready to give up and just accept myself for how I am. I think we all need to acknowledge the other wins we have, rather than the number on the scale. Are you eating heathy, adding in more activity, etc? Good! that's what is good for us; not always the number on the scale.

I totally agree with you on this (I’ve just been annoyed by my clothes getting tight). My win is that I’ve continued exercising regularly this year despite COVID and gym closures.

• neilmoomey
    neilmoomey Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too! I stopped going to the gym in March and gained 11 lbs. I've lost two of those and working on the rest.
  • Tania_181
    Options
    neilmoomey wrote: »
    Me too! I stopped going to the gym in March and gained 11 lbs. I've lost two of those and working on the rest.

Good start!
  • happyness4me
    happyness4me Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've put back on 15 pounds over the last year after maintaining a 22 pound loss. I'm frustrated with myself and looking to start over.
  • Tania_181
    Options
    I've put back on 15 pounds over the last year after maintaining a 22 pound loss. I'm frustrated with myself and looking to start over.

It’s so much easier to gain weight then it is to lose it... I had really hoped I wouldn’t fall into the group of people that gain weight again (or worse, gain more back then they lost) but life happens.
  • Tania_181
    Options
    I was pleased to see a change on the scale today. 0.4kg down. Of course it would come in one jump. Weight loss is so weird like that!