Need encouragement...

Options
I have been at this for a couple of weeks now and originally I had lost a pound and a half. I thought I was doing pretty well. I went home this weekend, a friend had passed away and I wasn't very diligent about logging my food but still I thought I did okay... I get on the scale today and come to find out apparently I've gained 3 whole pounds in a week. That's terrible. I got really discouraged and I honestly don't understand how this could have happened... I guess I am just looking for some advice and encouragement because I really don't want to get further down in the dumps. Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• czx7
    czx7 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have been at this for a couple of weeks now and originally I had lost a pound and a half. I thought I was doing pretty well. I went home this weekend, a friend had passed away and I wasn't very diligent about logging my food but still I thought I did okay... I get on the scale today and come to find out apparently I've gained 3 whole pounds in a week. That's terrible. I got really discouraged and I honestly don't understand how this could have happened... I guess I am just looking for some advice and encouragement because I really don't want to get further down in the dumps. Thanks everyone :)
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    Don't get discouraged...Stress does crazy things to our body, so that may have something to do with it...Also although you may have eaten ok, but if you ate off schedule, you may have messed with your metabolism too.

Don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    dont give up :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    PLEASE remember that our weight can fluctuate like 5 pounds on a daily basis. You need to eat 10,500 calories to gain 3 pounds of fat....which I highly doubt you did this weekend so my guess is that it's just water.

Don't Give up!!!
  • highlighters
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. that's so hard. and it will take a lot longer to deal with that, so give yourself permission to be sad sometimes.

I know I'm new here, but I'm not new to the weight issue, I've been "relearning" how to eat for the past 10 or 15 years. sometimes a real push by you will not show up until a week goes by. this happened to me about 5 years ago, the last time I was serious about losing weight. i didn't believe it until i saw it on the scale (i was doing weight watchers) over the course of time.

in any case, you know that if you feel badly you will only make allowances to indulge! you are on track and you should truly be proud of yourself for making the choice every day to do something like this that is just for YOU.

"Things do not change, WE change."
    ~Henry David Thoreau~
  • pfeif21
    pfeif21 Posts: 27
    Options
    hey... well i totally get where you are with this one. unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes and you can't eat that bald piece of chicken and those tasty green beans... sometimes you are somewhere and you have less choices. so you make the best choices that you can. being a girl or woman sucks too because we are so prone to bloating and water weight. even if you just ate some salty things, your body may have held onto it. luckily, three pounds is not a huge amount of weight at all! my mother is seriously good at keeping her weight in check simply my portion control, which is my biggest downfall. she eats what she wants but small amounts. she once told me... never to let the scale go up five lbs of the weight you are at or the weight you want to be. if you start to see the scale fluctuate..something like your 3 lbs did... cut back a little more than usual. it will come right off. and maybe you can throw in an extra half hour of cardio! that will help too! don't give up! your doing great! you are conscious of it and trying to keep it "in check." That's something that most American's just aren't doing today!! Good Luck!