Started BBOD; GAINING WEIGHT!? Extremely Discouraged

Options
I am 2 weeks into BeachBody on Demand; partaking in PiYO and 21Day fit. I work out every day; on the break days for PiYO I still do 21. I also walk 10k steps daily. I count calories and keep an eye on my carbs.
I don't purchase their shakeology drinks cuz I've heard it is nothing but a scam.

I was excited to weigh in and measure today and I was in utter shock....
My measurements haven't gone down at all.
My weight has gone up six pounds. Here I am sweating my *kitten* off and eating healthy... only to gain weight.
It doesn't make sense to me.
I just want to vanish.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    If you just started working out then you may be experiencing some water weight increase - not uncommon

Also weight fluctuates depending on where you are in your cycle
  • kbgiggle
    kbgiggle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ugh this is me right now! Cardio and 21 day fix workouts. Up 3lbs. 👎🏻
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m having the same problem. Working out 3-4 days a week (cross training...burning 400-500 calories) and I’m very proud of how closely I’m watching my calorie intake. It is extremely frustrating. But, is better than what I was doing before that landed me in this position. That’s what I keep telling myself. I will be having hormones checked soon bc there’s no way I should have a loss after 2 mi the. Calories in...calories out. It should be that simple
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    If you're starting a weight resistance program of any type, it's not unusual for anyone to gain up to 6lbs because the body is storing glycogen and water in anticipation of it continuing to work out. If you stay consistent, weight will go down if you're in a calorie deficit. This is something that I have to go over with with new clients who get introduced in to resistance training.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    To gain 6lbs of fat in two weeks, you would need to eat 1500kcal above maintenance every day. Highly unlikely if you've been counting calories.
    I'd bet on water weight due to increased exercise.