I deleted Facebook.

Options
reedbryant
reedbryant Posts: 17 Member
edited October 2020 in Chit-Chat
Ok, I really just deactivated. Honestly just tired of the political bullcorn and all the hate being spewed on there...sooo this is kind of my new and only form of social media now. Well, I have snapchat but I rarely use it. Hoping to find some cool people who will lift me up and steer me in a better direction.

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Facebook deleted me. Oh, well.
  • andyjl1984
    andyjl1984 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Think I have been off facebook for about 4 ears now and don't miss it at all, I hardly posted on it anyway... It just looked like it was for people to moan or rant about things.. It was when we voted for brexit too so there was a lot of racist posts... Miles better off without it.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I rarely post on FB.... I did delete off my iPad. Does that count? I got a new phone, and I came loaded with FB. What the what...... :D

"it came loaded."
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm still on there, at this point mostly because I live near a cute small town and alot of their businesses use social media instead of trying to stand up their own websites.

I did an election clean out the other day. I also can't stand the crazy posts.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm still on there, at this point mostly because I live near a cute small town and alot of their businesses use social media instead of trying to stand up their own websites.

I did an election clean out the other day. I also can't stand the crazy posts.

And I did watch the social delimma in netflix the other day. Someone here suggested it, very eye opening. Definitely makes me worry about the younger generation growing up in all this and getting "hooked" from such a young age!
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've dramatically cut back my friend count on FB. Deleted IG altogether.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    It's just exhausting because you can't share your happiness or the cool stuff you're doing because then you'll be perceived as bragging and/or insensitive to whatever horror is happening in the world.

If you vent about some horror in the world that enrages or saddens you, you're being too political.

If you complain about something annoying happening that moment, you're selfish because there's so much more important stuff happening and your problems are small potatoes.

If you try to inform people about something happening (*any* kind of event), you're pressuring them to do something about it and ruining their day because they can't or aren't interested.

If you use the app at all you feel dirty for any number of reasons (sharing too much data, supporting a company whose values conflict with yours, etc.)

All I had left were the memes, but I can't even post a meme anymore without feeling judged (mainly by myself, probably).

And I have family members who expect me to know what's going on in their lives based on their FB posts. Sorry, not doing that. You can text me (but don't call because I won't answer).

I'm not saying I'm not guilty of judging. Anytime I log in, pretty much everything I see annoys or upsets me.

Facebook is just about dead. Good riddance. But I want access to all my old photos. ;)
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I deactivated my Facebook in April and I have Instagram but haven't logged on to it in months, only started one to follow my daughter. This and BabyCenter are the only social media I use.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    My Space is totally raging right about now.

It's Rad !!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I deactivated my Facebook in April and I have Instagram but haven't logged on to it in months, only started one to follow my daughter. This and BabyCenter are the only social media I use.

And I don't have Snapchat or Tiktok.
  • workoutmama2531
    workoutmama2531 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I got tired of the drama and crap on Facebook and I deactivated my instagram because of all the people trying to sell everything, get you involved in a crazy money scheme or hook up because you are the person of their dreams🙄
    Love my fitness pal because the people are supportive and make results and encourage one another 💪