Needing the support that I can't find in person..

Options
Hey guys and gals.

I just recently started MFP and I am hoping to find some friends on here to help keep me motivated, as well as give me someone to cheer for. I am surrounded by people who tell me how great I look as I get smaller, but no one is really here trying to help me accomplish my goals.

I moved to CA last October and I have lost 50 pounds since then. I gained some back this summer and I'm back down to 43 pounds less.. from here, it's only more and more exciting. My boyfriend is oblivious to the fact that I'm even trying and I don't have a lot of friends outside of my job because I'm an AmeriCorps member and am constantly on the go.

I figured that since I keep up with my MFP at work, to log my daily habits, then it would also be a good time to keep this mindset positive for myself and others.

Please feel free to be-friend me or offer any type of encouragement for when I will, because we all do, hit that plateau of weightloss and motivation.

Thanks folks,

Sara

Replies

• christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    I love MFP for the support it offers! I think you'll find a great support system here, the tools you need, and anything else you could ask for!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • xunsungxherox
    Options
    Sent out a request, welcome to the website, there are some great people on here that you will recieve plenty of support from :)
  • Fockertots
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support.

I have been on this journey MANY times before and I know that I need support while I'm doing it. I really appreciate the quick responses and immediate support from all of you!!!

:]
  • traceymonroe
    traceymonroe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do this for yourself and no one else....keep your chin up and try not to get discouraged. So you've gain some back, clean slate starting today. You can only move forward from here...as long as you are willingly to give it your best & want this for you. It doesn't matter what I think, or anyone else for that matter. You have to feel good about yourself and know that you deserve to be healthy & feel good. You are your best motivator!!! Get your postitive attitude together & know that you can dig deep within & accomplish this no matter how long it takes. This is a journey, you can expect to have a few set backs here & there. Important thing is that your coming back!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Friended :smile:
    This site has great support, welcome!